Marketing Medicare Supplements to Age 66 - 68

I enjoy reading both of you guy's posts. I guess I'm learning that FE is important to you income, when selling Medicare. I appreciate the knowledge of everyone here, by the way. I've heard of guys only selling FE. Can you really make 50k by selling two a week? How difficult is it to sell compared to other life policies?

Yes, but that doesn't include the cost of leads or gas.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Truthfully we just differ in our definition of "living". I never died in my first year of insurance. It felt like it at times, but I lived the entire way.

He could sell 0 med supp policies all year and still be a live. WOuld you consider him to be making a living?:skeptical:

Last edited:
I'm really impressed with the beach house comment. He must be very successful. There are some beautiful beach houses just outside of Pennsylvania.

:cool:

Yes, but that doesn't include the cost of leads or gas.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

He could sell 0 med supp policies all year and still be a live. WOuld you consider him to be making a living?:skeptical:

No, but I would consider $22K a living, which is what I made my first year. It's meager, but I was making similar money getting yelled at and told what to do as an employee before that.

And that statement was a bit sarcastic to drive a point, but you guys seem to interpret everything as black or white.

No, but I would consider $22K a living, which is what I made my first year. It's meager, but I was making similar money getting yelled at and told what to do as an employee before that.

And that statement was a bit sarcastic to drive a point, but you guys seem to interpret everything as black or white.

Well you were rich compared to my first year...

That is right around what I made 1st year in the business. Then, I was around 27k in my 1st year as an independent. It's tough the first year out, but when the renewals start snowballing, sure is worth it.

The problem with any independant sales business...is COST OF LEADs vs. Net Profit.

Sure...you can spend 2-500 mth on leads, 2-400 mth on Gas, Dry cleaners, Auto Maint, etc.....but what is your NET at the end of the MTH?

This is the key...Cost effective lead sources.

The problem with any independant sales business...is COST OF LEADs vs. Net Profit.

Sure...you can spend 2-500 mth on leads, 2-400 mth on Gas, Dry cleaners, Auto Maint, etc.....but what is your NET at the end of the MTH?

This is the key...Cost effective lead sources.

Tony, I'm still working on getting my license, and researching my options. Do you mind if I ask if you're captive, independent, or work with an IMO? Thanks.

I think we can agree that over the long haul, you'd be much better non-captive. It's getting through that first year or two- costs of leads, training, support- that is the appeal to being captive.

Back