Mass Mutual invests in Bitcoin

Have you heard from Prince Adebamgbe? There was a problem with the deposit and I sent him his change. But I never heard back from him after I sent the wire.

DEjg-VTW0AEsDF-.jpg

I don't invest in unregulated currency that really hasn't found its place in the world yet as a mainstream use.

Theres a place for speculation. It's just not for me at this time.
I think they pretty much regulating it. Don't be worried about Un Sam missing even a breath from our mouth.

I think they pretty much regulating it. Don't be worried about Un Sam missing even a breath from our mouth.

That's not true, even a little bit.

There are companies that actively market pump and dump schemes for cryptocurrency.

Level of cryptocurrency scams 'unprecedented in modern markets'

Check out Jay Mazini. He was recently charge with wire fraud because he said he had wired money to people when they sent him Bitcoin.

Dude wasn't charge with grand larceny, for stealing Bitcoin.. but because he fraudulent used to wire system in his scheme.

Popular Instagram Personality Known as “Jay Mazini” Charged with Wire Fraud

That's not true, even a little bit.

There are companies that actively market pump and dump schemes for cryptocurrency.

Level of cryptocurrency scams 'unprecedented in modern markets'

Check out Jay Mazini. He was recently charge with wire fraud because he said he had wired money to people when they sent him Bitcoin.

Dude wasn't charge with grand larceny, for stealing Bitcoin.. but because he fraudulent used to wire system in his scheme.

Popular Instagram Personality Known as “Jay Mazini” Charged with Wire Fraud

There is more fraud in the olive oil business than there is in cryptocurrency. There is more fraud in the seafood business than in cryptocurrency.

There is more fraud using US dollars than any other type of currency or asset in the world.

And yes, the government is indeed setting up a regulatory body for crypto. They already tax crypto holdings. And the regulations will only grow more and more.

If you dont use an asset because criminals use it for fraudulent purposes, then why are you still using US dollars?

And if you are worried about fraud, you should be a fan of cryptocurrency. As the decentralized ledger it uses allows authorities to track down fraudulent payments and return them to the people taken advantage of. The blockchain is fully auditable by anyone, including authorities. IF utilized, it will prevent many different forms of fraud that our current monetary system is helpless against.

There are already multiple cases where the Feds have been able to track bitcoin transactions and find the bitcoins used in fraud.... they use that to find the criminals and prosecute them... and they use it to return the funds to the victims.

The reason bitcoin was originally used for neferious purposes, was because authorities did not monitor it. Once authorities started to monitor it, the smart criminals stopped using bitcoin. (notice Roger Stone was still trying to use bitcoin for his criminal actions recently with the purchasing of pardons from Trump... big mistake since they can be tracked by any web sleuth ... & the fbi..)

There are now some "privacy" coins such as Monero that are being used more and more by criminal elements. But even they have flaws that allow transactions to be uncovered. And the general crypto community is not pushing privacy coins as the new face of finance... just the opposite actually... decentralized is the name of the game

Last edited:
There is more fraud in the olive oil business than there is in cryptocurrency. There is more fraud in the seafood business than in cryptocurrency.

There is more fraud using US dollars than any other type of currency or asset in the world.

And yes, the government is indeed setting up a regulatory body for crypto. They already tax crypto holdings. And the regulations will only grow more and more.

If you dont use an asset because criminals use it for fraudulent purposes, then why are you still using US dollars?

And if you are worried about fraud, you should be a fan of cryptocurrency. As the decentralized ledger it uses allows authorities to track down fraudulent payments and return them to the people taken advantage of. The blockchain is fully auditable by anyone, including authorities. IF utilized, it will prevent many different forms of fraud that our current monetary system is helpless against.

There are already multiple cases where the Feds have been able to track bitcoin transactions and find the bitcoins used in fraud.... they use that to find the criminals and prosecute them... and they use it to return the funds to the victims.

The reason bitcoin was originally used for neferious purposes, was because authorities did not monitor it. Once authorities started to monitor it, the smart criminals stopped using bitcoin. (notice Roger Stone was still trying to use bitcoin for his criminal actions recently with the purchasing of pardons from Trump... big mistake since they can be tracked by any web sleuth ... & the fbi..)

There are now some "privacy" coins such as Monero that are being used more and more by criminal elements. But even they have flaws that allow transactions to be uncovered. And the general crypto community is not pushing privacy coins as the new face of finance... just the opposite actually... decentralized is the name of the game

"There is more fraud in the olive oil business than Crypto" is just a lie.

The Crypto community uses fraudulent tactics that are illegal in the stock community as a feature, not an exploit.

Secondly, using money for nefarious purposes has never been my stance, not one single time.

My stance is there is ZERO regulation for Crypto and crypto and Blockchain are still finding their place in the world as a usable currency and technology.

It's like NFT's. Currently unproven and 100% speculative.

Bitcoin could be a gamechanger for the long term, and that's fine.

But right now, it's use is not widespread. It's unregulated process is rife with fraud and its value is due to a fad vs actual utility.

For those reasons, it's not for me right now. It can totally be for you,, and that's fine. However pretending Bitcoin or Crypto is the best thing since sliced bread in its current form is just lying to yourself.

Last edited:
"There is more fraud in the olive oil business than Crypto" is just a lie.

The Crypto community uses fraudulent tactics that are illegal in the stock community as a feature, not an exploit.

Secondly, using money for nefarious purposes has never been my stance, not one single time.

My stance is there is ZERO regulation for Crypto and crypto and Blockchain are still finding their place in the world as a usable currency and technology.

It's like NFT's. Currently unproven and 100% speculative.

Bitcoin could be a gamechanger for the long term, and that's fine.

But right now, it's use is not widespread. It's unregulated process is rife with fraud and its value is due to a fad vs actual utility.

For those reasons, it's not for me right now. It can totally be for you,, and that's fine. However pretending Bitcoin or Crypto is the best thing since sliced bread in its current form is just lying to yourself.

You should do some research on how many of those olive oil bottles in your grocery store actually have 100% olive oil in them if you claim that is a lie.

There are pump and dumps every single day in the "regulated" stock market. Saw one on Friday. Pump and dumps are not regulated at all in any meaningful fashion.

You have not named one single "fraudulent" tactic the crypto community uses that is illegal for the stock community, other than pump and dumps. Never mind the fact that cryptocurrency is nothing like owning a stock... not even a little bit... a better comparison would be the Forex market, but even that is not an accurate comparison.

You mentioned pump and dumps. I can show you more pump and dumps in the regulated stock market this past month alone than in the crypto world over the past 12 months.. (I follow both closely)

You come across as very knowledgeable about most issues you talk about Travis. But you have a gigantic knowledge gap on this one. For every 1 example you put up in crypto world, I can show you 10 just like it in the regulated market. And regulators have been cracking down on fraud and schemes in the crypto community. While there might not be a specific regulatory body for just crypto, the existing regulatory agencies are certainly extending their reach and taking action.

Last edited:
You should do some research on how many of those olive oil bottles in your grocery store actually have 100% olive oil in them if you claim that is a lie.

There are pump and dumps every single day in the "regulated" stock market. Saw one on Friday. Pump and dumps are not regulated at all in any meaningful fashion.

You have not named one single "fraudulent" tactic the crypto community uses that is illegal for the stock community, other than pump and dumps. Never mind the fact that cryptocurrency is nothing like owning a stock... not even a little bit... a better comparison would be the Forex market, but even that is not an accurate comparison.

You mentioned pump and dumps. I can show you more pump and dumps in the regulated stock market this past month alone than in the crypto world over the past 12 months.. (I follow both closely)

You come across as very knowledgeable about most issues you talk about Travis. But you have a gigantic knowledge gap on this one. For every 1 example you put up in crypto world, I can show you 10 just like it in the regulated market. And regulators have been cracking down on fraud and schemes in the crypto community. While there might not be a specific regulatory body for just crypto, the existing regulatory agencies are certainly extending their reach and taking action.

You're contracting yourself a little bit.

1) I haven't mentioned 1 fraudulent activity the community uses Except pump and dump. Pump and dump is rife within crypto as a feature, not an exploit.

2) You don't want to compare Crypto to stocks, fair enough. However, you don't want to compare it to other currencies either (Forex isn't one of MY favorite things either.)

Crypto can't be evaluated the same because it's not used widely and frankly, it's a speculative vehicle to pour money into.

As for me having a huge gap knowledge, you're right. I don't invest time in learning 100% about things that I wouldn't invest in because I don't see it as as mature enough, in development and utility.

You're trying to sell that I'm knocking Crypto and you're taking it a bit personally. I'm not. You, or anyone else can put their money wherever they want.

FOR ME, which I've been saying consistently, it's not regulated (meaning no where to turn if there's an issue in most cases) and rife with multiple manipulations to market and other issues that it's not FOR ME at this time.

How a person invests their money is up to their specific tolerance. If anyone looks at a vehicle and doesn't understand it or doesn't agree with it as for them (based on their own criteria) they shouldn't invest in it.

This isn't so much a you're right and I'm wrong argument. It's an argument that I don't invest in it for my reasons and I literally don't care what you do with your money.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back