Med Adv to FE clients

PhxSunsFan

Guru
seems like a fine fit to try and save them money etc.. when do you talk about med av to a client that has recently got an fe plan with you..

seems like a fine fit to try and save them money etc.. when do you talk about med av to a client that has recently got an fe plan with you..
I'd mention it right after the FE sale....strike while the iron is hot. Be sure to tell them that it's free insurance and tell them about all the free stuff that goes with the Medicare Advantage with the give back benefit, like wine, beer and cigarettes. :yes:

I'd mention it right after the FE sale....strike while the iron is hot. Be sure to tell them that it's free insurance and tell them about all the free stuff that goes with the Medicare Advantage with the give back benefit, like wine, beer and cigarettes. :yes:
"FREE"? I am the first to admit that I know just enough about MA for CMS to take my license, but it won't be because I slipped up and they overheard me tell a prospect that it is "free insurance". Oops! ;)

You can’t discuss mapd at the fe appt . I’d say 98% of fe clients already have a mapd plan.It’s certainly work to convince them to move . As of 9/1 effective date mapd pays $90 for the rest of the yr . I’ve definitely noticed clients getting less calls lately. The financial incentive much less to sell right now then they could move during aep. A medigap still pays the full $300 or so yr round .

Many agents don’t sell mapd because it’s a Gi product.Clients can and will bolt yearly if you don’t stay in touch with them. Benefits change yearly and angles for another agent to convince your client there’s a better product always exist . Medigap benefits universal and cover almost everything so much less service work.The problem is the cost thus the reason for the big growth in mapd . So medigap only agents have some issues going forward to retain customers and grow their book . Medicare is much much more competitive than fe due to the incredible # of call centers hitting people daily .All these huckster recruiters on you tube telling agents how they can be wealthy in 3-5 yrs with $30 k a month renewals are laughable . Your mapd book as it gets bigger and bigger will be under constant assault . I enjoy Medicare as it takes much more knowledge than fe as so many moving parts . I really help a lot of people .

Monkey is going to have to add this to his signature:

“This is not insurance advice. Take everything I say with a grain of salt. State DOIs and CMS can suck it!!”

Or something like that ;)

"So medigap only agents have some issues going forward to retain customers and grow their book"
_________
Ummm, still waiting for a decade now to lose more then 3 MS clients to MA. Still waiting for phone to stop ringing for MS. Getting tired from too many referrals calling me. Life is rough.

"So medigap only agents have some issues going forward to retain customers and grow their book"
_________
Ummm, still waiting for a decade now to lose more then 3 MS clients to MA. Still waiting for phone to stop ringing for MS. Getting tired from too many referrals calling me. Life is rough.

That’s you and cograts . But the #’s overall don’t lie as the mapd growing pie is and has been in a steep uptrend . Some agents are losing business if they don’t sell both .

Last edited:
Back