Med Sup Mailer

aheff

Guru
100+ Post Club
I am ready to start a mailing campaign for Med Sups. I have a three part question.
1. Any real world advice/suggestions if I should do it myself, if I should use a mail house to take care of it for me, or if I should go through a lead company who would guarantee X amounts of leads per week?
2. T65 vs 67-69 year olds+income. Thoughts?
3. DRIP. For those of you that do mailers, do you hit the same person 2 or 3 times? I've heard some agents have success this route-some prospects need to see a piece 2 or 3 times and then they will respond.
Thanks for your input. And I'll apologize ahead of time, since I'm sure these topics are not new.

I can get a much higher response if I send the mail out myself.

It costs almost twice as much and takes a lot of time but it is worth it. It's not about what you put out, it's what you get back.

I find that an envelope addressed using a "handwriting" font and an actual stamp is the way to go.

It costs almost twice as much and takes a lot of time but it is worth it. It's not about what you put out, it's what you get back.

I find that an envelope addressed using a "handwriting" font and an actual stamp is the way to go.

My time is worth way more than having to do this.
If it cost 2x as much then just use a mail house if you get a 3% response doing it yourself then mail 2x as much with a mail house with a 1.5% response you will get the same amount of leads for the same cost you are spending now.

I would tend to agree here. Although the cost and effort go up, the response rate and quality go up too.

Get it done with local help. You tell them what to do. I had stay at home moms do it and another way was get a group of kids that need a fundaiser. That was good. Write a check to a non-profit, get the work done, and get a write off.
I agree with doing it your self. I have had a 5% response on many mailers I did vs a mail house.
If done right. the cost is not a lot higher. the lead quality is much better and you control it.

Why is handwriting font and actual stamp THAT much more effective? They still open up the envelope and it is still the same medicare postcard that they'll read/complete/send back.
Cost of doing it yourself seems only marginally higher-no big deal. Effort/time seems to increase a bunch.

I am ready to start a mailing campaign for Med Sups. I have a three part question.
1. Any real world advice/suggestions if I should do it myself, if I should use a mail house to take care of it for me, or if I should go through a lead company who would guarantee X amounts of leads per week?
2. T65 vs 67-69 year olds+income. Thoughts?
3. DRIP. For those of you that do mailers, do you hit the same person 2 or 3 times? I've heard some agents have success this route-some prospects need to see a piece 2 or 3 times and then they will respond.
Thanks for your input. And I'll apologize ahead of time, since I'm sure these topics are not new.

I'm afraid anything I say is going to sound like a broken record.

I have done them myself and had them sent out. I have sent to the same people more than once. Regardless of how you do it, the return is going to vary from one mailing to another and it is going to be expensive.

I support Jacqueline and me, it rubs me the wrong way to also support the people who own the mailing companies.

Back