Most Medicare and FE postcard mailings don't look like regular postcards

XYZ99qq

Expert
The common mail houses used by agents for Medicare, FE, etc. (Lead Concepts, etc.) mail postcards, but the postcards are not normal postcards. The cards are plain, just small text, and no graphics.

Most postcards are not plain, have graphics/pictures, with better text, etc.

I'm wondering if the style of mailing done by these mail houses, which many agents use, is done for any specific reason.

I understand "simple" converts better than "pretty", but these postcards have no graphic design element at all.

Does this plain style convert better?
Is it cheaper?

The common mail houses used by agents for Medicare, FE, etc. (Lead Concepts, etc.) mail postcards, but the postcards are not normal postcards. The cards are plain, just small text, and no graphics.

I'm wondering if the style of mailing done by these mail houses, which many agents use, is done for any specific reason.

I understand "simple" converts better than "pretty", but these postcards have no graphic design element at all.

Is it cheaper?
The idea is to not detract the reader from the call to action.

Is it cheaper?

When I first started mailing (a couple of decades age) I started by creating very pretty mail pieces. I had my pretty face on them. And nice pictures and colors. A nice message explaining how I was going to save them money on insurance rates by shopping all the carriers. You will get about 1- lead per 1,000 pieces mailed with that IF you are lucky.
Once I saw that all the busy agents were mailing the little ugly black and white cards with no photos and very limited info I honestly couldn’t believe it. Who would respond to those?
Don’t try to out think it. It makes no sense but the science is there. People respond to cards that leave them with more questions than answers. It’s a well proven fact.

Scott I think you mean the words “ state regulated benefits “ or “ Govt funds “ which Rgi uses on many of its mailers . I’d Say 75% of respondents have mailed cards in before and know it’s insurance . In the end it’s nothing more than a person who most of the time doesn’t know why he filled it out . It gives you a way to get in front of them and whatever they have or don’t have turn it into a sale .

Scott I think you mean the words “ state regulated benefits “ or “ Govt funds “ which Rgi uses on many of its mailers . I’d Say 75% of respondents have mailed cards in before and know it’s insurance . In the end it’s nothing more than a person who most of the time doesn’t know why he filled it out . It gives you a way to get in front of them and whatever they have or don’t have turn it into a sale .

Yes but some states will argue against you using “state regulated” as they regulate you. At the state level. Lol

My thoughts:

1) Bland and boring leads that convert interest are easier for agencies to duplicate and scale, and,
2) Agents, not branding, sells insurance (at least in final expense).

I get 3-5 giant glossy postcards nearly every day. Because of my age, a fair amount is Medicare related or senior financial stuff. But also pest control, home improvements, dentists, churches, etc. It’s all a lot of colorful noise that goes straight into the can. I don’t have any science on this, but it seems like the simple mailers, such as the standard FE varieties, stand out by virtue of their simplicity.

Back