Med Sup Mailer

Why is handwriting font and actual stamp THAT much more effective? They still open up the envelope and it is still the same medicare postcard that they'll read/complete/send back.
Cost of doing it yourself seems only marginally higher-no big deal. Effort/time seems to increase a bunch.

At first glance it doesn't LOOK like an advertisement, etc. It looks like a letter written specifically to them. Versus a glossy postcard that screams DIRECT MAIL.

Think about it. Which are you more inclined to open and give a few seconds thought? A white envelope with your name and addy handwritten or a trifold glossy brochure with company names, logos, big ad words etc?

It's just a way to get more people to look at it. The more that look at it, the more that respond. I never tried using the handwroiting font; I actually handwrote my addresses.

@ Coach. I like the non profit idea. Never thought of that. Pretty smart.

always heard this works to get them to open it....but from there your just an ad....might want to put your ad in letter form.....

At first glance it doesn't LOOK like an advertisement, etc. It looks like a letter written specifically to them. Versus a glossy postcard that screams DIRECT MAIL.

Instead of worrying about all the petty BS details why not worry about how you are going to send it to the NON-MA, NON-VA, and NON-Tricare folks?

aheff, I'm cool with all that stuff and I believe it does make a difference however you have got to put that mailer in the hand of a "potential prospect" first.

Try using your local UPS store for your mail process. Better than doing by hand. We use them for our newsletter. All I do is write it, update the list, email to Peggy. She does it all and I get the bulk mail discounts, copy discounts since I buy 5-10,000 copies on a copy card once/twice per year, etc. Great folks.

Not all stores do this. The one in my town does not. The two in towns north of that one do. Not an issue since I don't actually have to walk in the store.

Back