Med Sup

What "cadillac" plan that only costs $55?

Apparently a high deductible F is a Cadillac plan. Regence Blue cross sold their $155 MAPD out here by calling it the Cadillac of Medicare advantage. When I moved folks off it, I told them I was going to show them the Ferrari

$145 a month sounds about right, mine might be a little higher than that, because I have a lot that are in their late 70's/early 80's. My contracts range from 18-22%, with an average of 21%.

----------

For the most part, the contracts are standard...some will give better. So you've never sold Med Supps and know nothing about them, but you think that should get above street?:err:

I wrote 2 Aetna med sups last night and the couple will be paying about $360/mo total for plan F.

I'm going to make .75% on them. Or $2.70/mo. But I will make it for 6 years.:yes: Providing they live that long.

Actually won't even make the $2.70/mo. They don't pay commission on the whole plan F premium. There goes about 50 cents a month.:laugh:

So I have a "cadillac" plan that only costs $55. Does this mean the range is $235 to $55?
goillini's post suggests one might be overoptimistic to figure on starting at the average since the beginner might be more likely to sell in 65-70 range.

Could we get a mode? :D

If you're referring to the High F as a Cadillac plan I think you got sold bud. Because there is zero chance you are paying $55 for an F.

Maybe you're on some special MAPD that makes people feel warm and fuzzy inside when they see the word Cadillac. Kind of like the Complete plan here in FL

I wrote 2 Aetna med sups last night and the couple will be paying about $360/mo total for plan F.

I'm going to make .75% on them. Or $2.70/mo. But I will make it for 6 years.:yes: Providing they live that long.

Actually won't even make the $2.70/mo. They don't pay commission on the whole plan F premium. There goes about 50 cents a month.:laugh:

Ouch!!!..........................:err:

----------

If you're referring to the High F as a Cadillac plan I think you got sold bud. Because there is zero chance you are paying $55 for an F.

Maybe you're on some special MAPD that makes people feel warm and fuzzy inside when they see the word Cadillac. Kind of like the Complete plan here in FL

LD does have the HDF. I think he was joking about it being a Cadillac plan.:laugh:

What happened to 19%?

What made this an "unaverage" situation?

That's not a true statement. I am paying approximately $55/mo (to the insurance company) for a plan F. It has first dollar coverage and includes excess charge coverage.

Plan L costs 2-3 times as much (to the ins co), does not include the deductible or excess charges and has a higher out of pocket.

Plan N costs approx 2x as much (to the ins co) and has an open ended copay reqt.

That's not a true statement. I am paying approximately $55/mo (to the insurance company) for a plan F. It has first dollar coverage and includes excess charge coverage.

Plan L costs 2-3 times as much (to the ins co), does not include the deductible or excess charges and has a higher out of pocket.

Plan N costs approx 2x as much (to the ins co) and has an open ended copay reqt.

LD, you do NOT have a Plan F...you have a High Deductible Plan F. I'm sure that you know you don't have 1st day coverage and that you have that little old $2,200 deductible. Are you just having a little fun with us?:laugh:

Re fun, yes and no. It's chazm's fault-when he made the crack about the average price of a used car, I couldn't resist. Maybe most of the "conversion" threads have gone the other way, someone being sold an MAPD to replace a supplement, but I'm pretty sure there was at least one thread recently where someone's client was sold an HDF based on price, didn't understand what they were getting and the agent was trying to get them out of it. It just seemed like another relevant example of variations chazm was suggesting the op was totally missing when asking for "averages" to base some business decisions on.

As far as "no" is concerned, an HDF plan IS a plan F. It has the characteristics of F which I mentioned above.

For this to make sense, I need to digress slightly. I am a charter member of the Whiners Club of the Greater Midwest. If, in that capacity, I was to start a thread about my life insurance and say that I started out paying $215 a year for my policy, but it is now only $190 a year, so I wasted that $25 a year for however many years by just giving it to the insurance company, one of the first posters to show up would be volagent. Volagent would be asking me questions centered on why I expect to get something for nothing. Like that 80 mph headon collision you missed by the width of a fender, would you rather have died in that so "you" could have collected on your ADD rider? Or, it's not the insurance company's fault you didn't exercise your guaranteed additional insurance rider. Volagent is trying to teach me to forget about what I "like" and learn to look at the coverage and the dollars being paid and see what you are buying.

Now let's bring that back to Medicare supplements. HDF and F are both a plan F. HDF includes all the characteristics of an F. When I buy medical insurance I buy two things. I buy a negotiator and I buy the right to have the insurance company pay for some medical bills. In this case I buy the services of the federal government as a negotiator. I agree to pay for things they don't cover. When I can find a dr that accepts medicare, he/she agrees to accept what the government pays. The government sets the rules for the supplement plans. Plan F has a rule set that applies whether it is HDF or F. What we have is an additional rule for HDF that gives me the opportunity to pay only for catastrophic coverage from the insurance company. That does not mean that first dollar coverage and excess charge coverage are not there. They are. My out of pocket costs with HDF are less than they would be with plan L precisely because of that. And I get credit for them against my outofpocket requirement. That is the equivalent of getting them paid out in cash in a higher premium plan.

Re fun, yes and no. It's chazm's fault-when he made the crack about the average price of a used car, I couldn't resist. Maybe most of the "conversion" threads have gone the other way, someone being sold an MAPD to replace a supplement, but I'm pretty sure there was at least one thread recently where someone's client was sold an HDF based on price, didn't understand what they were getting and the agent was trying to get them out of it. It just seemed like another relevant example of variations chazm was suggesting the op was totally missing when asking for "averages" to base some business decisions on.

As far as "no" is concerned, an HDF plan IS a plan F. It has the characteristics of F which I mentioned above.

For this to make sense, I need to digress slightly. I am a charter member of the Whiners Club of the Greater Midwest. If, in that capacity, I was to start a thread about my life insurance and say that I started out paying $215 a year for my policy, but it is now only $190 a year, so I wasted that $25 a year for however many years by just giving it to the insurance company, one of the first posters to show up would be volagent. Volagent would be asking me questions centered on why I expect to get something for nothing. Like that 80 mph headon collision you missed by the width of a fender, would you rather have died in that so "you" could have collected on your ADD rider? Or, it's not the insurance company's fault you didn't exercise your guaranteed additional insurance rider. Volagent is trying to teach me to forget about what I "like" and learn to look at the coverage and the dollars being paid and see what you are buying.

Now let's bring that back to Medicare supplements. HDF and F are both a plan F. HDF includes all the characteristics of an F. When I buy medical insurance I buy two things. I buy a negotiator and I buy the right to have the insurance company pay for some medical bills. In this case I buy the services of the federal government as a negotiator. I agree to pay for things they don't cover. When I can find a dr that accepts medicare, he/she agrees to accept what the government pays. The government sets the rules for the supplement plans. Plan F has a rule set that applies whether it is HDF or F. What we have is an additional rule for HDF that gives me the opportunity to pay only for catastrophic coverage from the insurance company. That does not mean that first dollar coverage and excess charge coverage are not there. They are. My out of pocket costs with HDF are less than they would be with plan L precisely because of that. And I get credit for them against my outofpocket requirement. That is the equivalent of getting them paid out in cash in a higher premium plan.

Hahahaa, when are you getting your license?:twitchy:

Back