Med Supp Application Fee

AARP client rates are not 10-25% lower than the rest as stated above. Just had a 75 female call from FL, and AARP rates were much higher than the competition for the same plan.

That will happen with the first year of the age bands.

As a captive medsup agent looking to make the move to indy im having a hard time digesting this idea of asking my clients for an application fee when I take a med sup application. Do you guys encounter much resistance when the time comes to bring up the $20 app fee?

That's odd. I sell in Michigan, and NONE of the companies I sell have an application fee. Aetna, Priority Health, Blue Care Network., AARP (besides membership).

someone on AARP in a state who is now 70 joined AARP at age 65 is now paying $175 per month. That same person, if they were to join today as a brand new 70 year old person would pay $156 per month. The rate increases outpace the new client rate.

and

AARP client rates are not 10-25% lower than the rest as stated above. Just had a 75 female call from FL, and AARP rates were much higher than the competition for the same plan.
That will happen with the first year of the age bands.

You must be mistaken.

Chazm said rates do not increase because of age in Florida. Apparently it is only in GA where your rates increase as you move to a new age band.

What part of Fl was she in? In south fl it's expensive but everywhere else it's cheap. How long has she had the plan?
If she just signed up, and is not in south FL, the most she is paying with UHC is ~$222. I think the only company that may come a little lower than that is GPM and I don't write them because I only write T65's.

So I ask, what was she paying for her plan?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Whatever the product that BEST benefits the client is what they need within their budget cause you have to protect that as well. There is another Company that does not have an Application Fee and you do not have to take the premium by check when you write them. There are A+ rated for over 35 consecutive years and have had an average 36% rate decrease in the last 3 years. If you would like information please let me know, I am here to help

If they've averaged this so called 36% decrease in the last 3 years that means they were severely overpriced. If you have the info let us know. No reason to be secretive

Last edited:
Back