Med Supp Benefits

I'm working on my yearly AEP letter, and am bracing myself for the angry calls I expect over the Part D premium increases.

What am I omitting here regarding Med Supp benefits?

A Medicare Supplement (Medigap or “Med Supp”) plan allows you the freedom and flexibility to go to any doctor or hospital in the country that accepts Original Medicare. There are no networks, prior authorization isn’t required, the plans don't change yearly like Advantage Plans, there's no 20% co-pay for cancer treatment, no co-pay for hospital stays, PT/OT, you get more time in skilled nursing plus the supplement gives you Medicare Part A coinsurance and hospital costs (up to an additional 365 days after Medicare benefits are used).

You and your doctors have a lot more control managing your health care decisions with a Med Supp than having an insurance company decide what tests, procedures, etc you can have.

I'm not sure I am even getting the point of the letter.

Its current Med Supp/Part D clients, correct? What are you trying to do? They already know all this.

If its about Part D increases, the letter says "Inflation is everywhere, including Part D premiums. If you are concerned about your increase, please contact me to schedule a call"

I definitely send out an AEP email every year reminding every Med Supp client why they chose Original Medicare. Yeah it's true that many already know why chose to get their healthcare this way, but they are about to be bombarded with MA commercials and maybe some stories from peers. I want to get out in front of this, and if they are considering changing to MA I want them to talk about it with ME, not someone 1-800 number on TV.

Last year exactly 2 people (one couple) out of hundreds that read the email called and wanted to switch to MA after being presented again with both options. I'd expect to have a few switch every year and I'm fine with that.

The rest of the emal is update their drug plan. Still working on the mechanics of what CRM and PDP enrollment tool I'll use for 2024.

Back