Med supp UW over 150 BP

Until you find out WHY she was denied you are spinning your wheels, wasting your time and hers.

How many BP meds is she taking? Which ones? With some carriers 3+ BP meds is a decline. If she is taking a channel blocker, ACE inhibitor, beta blocker and diuretic, any of those combinations can result in a decline even if her BP is controlled and no Rx change in the last 6 months.

Everyone does things differently but I look for low hanging fruit and rarely write underwritten business unless it is a referral. When I submit an underwritten app I am 90% certain it will be approved. No surprises!

Until you find out WHY she was denied you are spinning your wheels, wasting your time and hers.

How many BP meds is she taking? Which ones? With some carriers 3+ BP meds is a decline. If she is taking a channel blocker, ACE inhibitor, beta blocker and diuretic, any of those combinations can result in a decline even if her BP is controlled and no Rx change in the last 6 months.

Everyone does things differently but I look for low hanging fruit and rarely write underwritten business unless it is a referral. When I submit an underwritten app I am 90% certain it will be approved. No surprises!

Understandable.

She said the person told her because her BP was over 150, she is denied. Ill ask to see a snapshot of the letter she receives, but I'm assuming this is correct.

Shes taking:
Metoprolol for heart palpitations
Losartan for BP
Amlodipine for BP
Atorvastatin for Cholesterol
-No other meds.

Shes paying over $200 a month for her F supp, so I was trying to get her into a G

Metoprolol for heart palpitations
Losartan for BP
Amlodipine for BP

Metoprolol = beta blocker
Losartan = angiotensin antagonist
Amlodipine = calcium channel blocker

That combo will result in a decline by many carriers. Some docs will prescribe that combo with a heart failure dx.

Underwriters often don't care about the dx the doctor says, they go by the meds. Many carriers no longer pull medical records or request doctor notes. Too costly and easier for them, and you, to move on to the next.

Many times clients/prospects either don't know their dx or they are in denial.

My guess is she is in worse shape than she is willing to admit. Three BP + cholesterol Rx and age 73 is a challenging combination

Metoprolol = beta blocker
Losartan = angiotensin antagonist
Amlodipine = calcium channel blocker

That combo will result in a decline by many carriers. Some docs will prescribe that combo with a heart failure dx.

Underwriters often don't care about the dx the doctor says, they go by the meds. Many carriers no longer pull medical records or request doctor notes. Too costly and easier for them, and you, to move on to the next.

Many times clients/prospects either don't know their dx or they are in denial.

My guess is she is in worse shape than she is willing to admit. Three BP + cholesterol Rx and age 73 is a challenging combination

Good to know for the future...appreciate the info.

Back