Medicare Advantage & Medicaid

Yes, they get nailed with copays.
Its a shame not every area has an snp though

That is incorrect. They are only responsible for the Medicaid co-pay. Sometimes the doctor's office gets confused and will say they have to pay the full co-pay, seen that, but they are not responsible for it. The only downside is that they will be restricted to the Network limitations and formulary of the MA plan.

Ronnie Carter said:
I didn't expect to see JD reply to that post, and was right. While his political views suck, he usually is fairly knowledgeable about insurance issues. I don't know where he got the idea that Medicaid doesn't have some of the benefits it obviously has. That whole line of discussion was just weird.

However, you're wasting your time correcting JD on this or anything else. He's an old-style liberal who buys the MSNBC views on things hook/line/sinker and as seen on this thread, even when proven wrong he will stick to the same story.

He'll be needing that bourbon come November 6.

To be fair Medicaid being a state/federal program run by the states does end up creating some differences in what a Medicaid beneficiary can get as benefits.

That is incorrect. They are only responsible for the Medicaid co-pay. Sometimes the doctor's office gets confused and will say they have to pay the full co-pay, seen that, but they are not responsible for it. The only downside is that they will be restricted to the Network limitations and formulary of the MA plan.

I'll have to look into this one, its my understanding if they enroll in a regular mapd they have to adhere to the copays. If anyone has this in print, please post so I can learn this medicaid mess a bit deeper.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have to look into this one, its my understanding if they enroll in a regular mapd they have to adhere to the copays. If anyone has this in print, please post so I can learn this medicaid mess a bit deeper.

Federal Law. If a provider is in the Medicaid system they may not charge the patient a higher share of cost than if there was no MA plan.

Rick

I thought the same thing insgal. Early last year I ran across a lady in this scenario that was certain she was paying Medicaid co-pays. We called her provider to confirm, and they did. I then called South Carolina Medicaid to confirm, and they did... actually called them back twice later that week because the first lady was a little shaky, and the other two confirmed, including one manager. The manager I spoke with gave me a definitive answer, very similar to what GreenSky posted.

supersupps said:
As the GO TO agent for all medicaid questions, you can PM me for any answer.. I know it all. I was trained by.......

Hey Rick it looks like Luke is advertising how well he was trained by you again....I always wonder if that is a good endorsement or bad....

Hey Rick it looks like Luke is advertising how well he was trained by you again....I always wonder if that is a good endorsement or bad....

I've helped many agents learn about Medicare plans. There has only been one that was unteachable. Can you guess who that was?

The obvious answer is Senior Advisor Indiana but amazingly, that's not correct.

Rick

GreenSky said:
I've helped many agents learn about Medicare plans. There has only been one that was unteachable. Can you guess who that was?

The obvious answer is Senior Advisor Indiana but amazingly, that's not correct.

Rick

Thank you. I appreciate the comment. :D

Back