Medicare agents - 2025 - CMS Rule Changes

Just now watching a webinar on this and man, it's great.

I think it will dry up a lot of saturation in the market.
Agents will leave....
Recruiters will quiet down....
I think client acquisition cost goes down and agents who actually produce will be just fine.

Thoughts?

Sounds like a decade ago. Good with me.

What are the changes? Can you give a summary?

Overrides history . All these blood sucking fmo’s making $250-$500( overall comp including bonus and marketing money ) an app override in trouble . Unfortunately marketing money will be gone for agents . The ifg agencys of the world that built huge Downlines and call centers wil be in trouble . The select quotes of the world in trouble . Take away there $100 plus an app marketing money and $250 an app override on street commissions there history .Especially when 99% of there business is replacement business make only $301 .

Last edited:
Sounds like a decade ago. Good with me.

Sure. Fine with me.

Why is this fine with everyone? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this mean that the FMOs will be put out of business and the agent's marketing costs will increase? I know every FMO doesn't do things for the agents, but my FMO is invaluable to me, so if they dont' get paid as much money,won't the agent suffer in the long run, especially new agents?

Why is this fine with everyone? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this mean that the FMOs will be put out of business and the agent's marketing costs will increase? I know every FMO doesn't do things for the agents, but my FMO is invaluable to me, so if they dont' get paid as much money,won't the agent suffer in the long run, especially new agents?

New agents will probably suffer, yes.

FMOs don't provide that much value. I used to pay for CSG. It's free now. I could go back to paying for it.

I used to use carrier e-apps. Now I use free sunfire. I could easily go back to carrier e-apps.

FMOs don't equally distribute marketing money so agents aren't really all playing the same game. I'm cool with us all getting paid based on actual sales rather than FMO money.

I guess my question is what are they providing? Sounds like you probably have a pretty good FMO.

Most are just middle men who want an override. I get frustrated with them - you go 10 months with zero questions then when you have one you send it in and get a reply back 2 weeks later. Or you request a non-resident appointment with them (UHC requires it from FMO) and it takes 3 weeks (and 3 follow up prompts) for them to process...

Aside from extra $, I won't miss the middle man. And long term the money evens out if marketing costs go down.

That does bother me. I love my FMO. They have been great. I trust that theyll pivot. There will be something worthwhile.

Theyre smart. Maybe it won't be from what they've been doing, but FMO will be fine.

I have to pivot, you have to pivot, everyone has to pivot. I try hard not to worry about the future with things I have no control over.

You never know....3 or 4 yrs from now all Medicare could come to a halt. Picture a world in which Medicare for all happens. Similar to what Obamacare is....just never know.

I could worry about that too, but why? I'll just be ready to pivot when I need to. FMOs have to do that to.

Back