Medicare agents - 2025 - CMS Rule Changes

Understand what’s happened the last 3-5 yrs . Agents that were fe only got in recruiting for fe. Many laughed and wanted no part of Medicare. The last 1-3 yr’s almost every fe agency with agents has rushed into Medicare . 10’s of thousands of fe agents have entered the gold rush. Uplines making 100’s of thousands to millions in overrides doing very little. This is basically tax payer money funding overrides .They need to have max overrides at $100 and payable to fmo’s only that provide stuff like Medicare center and support .This gold rush in mapd has sprung up 1000’s of call centers . I don’t need an fmo although its nice now and then

Understand what’s happened the last 3-5 yrs . Agents that were fe only got in recruiting for fe. Many laughed and wanted no part of Medicare. The last 1-3 yr’s almost every fe agency with agents has rushed into Medicare . 10’s of thousands of fe agents have entered the gold rush. Uplines making 100’s of thousands to millions in overrides doing very little. This is basically tax payer money funding overrides .They need to have max overrides at $100 and payable to fmo’s only that provide stuff like Medicare center and support .This gold rush in mapd has sprung up 1000’s of call centers . I don’t need an fmo although its nice now and then

Uplines are making 100's of thousands to millions and there are 1000's of call centers doing Medicare? Wow, good to know! Do you happen to know where I can find out this information as well? Obviously, I need to be educated

Uplines are making 100's of thousands to millions and there are 1000's of call centers doing Medicare? Wow, good to know! Do you happen to know where I can find out this information as well? Obviously, I need to be educated

Todd You came into mapd very late in the game . I know several people making $1 mil plus .Several Ifg outfits are doing 30-50k apps a yr . 30k x $200override an app = $6 million Fyc They’re making $8-$10 a month in renewals . 50k total agency on books x $8 a month renewal override = $400k a month . That’s not even counting massive marketing money being given by carriers some fmo’s keep . A ifg agency guy who used to post on here Josh Jensen shows his deposits on overrides . He was showing $100-$150k a month . He’s not even a top 10 Ifg agency much less a top 100 fmo/imo . Matters little as that’s going to be history .

Several Ifg outfits are doing 30-50k apps a yr .

This is true.

I find it hilarious how many recruiters are online trying to save their asses and lead in by saying they provide Sunfire or Connecture to their agents. I'm pretty sure as SAAS businesses these companies will be desperate to survive and offer some competitive pricing to agents if FMOs fall hard.

The massive desperation of the folks I've seen on Youtube, shouting to all their agents to file complaints is very telling. That being said, if an FMO truly does provide a tremendous amount of value, then that should be noted as well. But what's the TRUE cost of that value?

If Med supps provided as much marketing dollars as MAPDs did I'd have been on a beach in Fiji 12 years ago.

This is true.

I find it hilarious how many recruiters are online trying to save their asses and lead in by saying they provide Sunfire or Connecture to their agents. I'm pretty sure as SAAS businesses these companies will be desperate to survive and offer some competitive pricing to agents if FMOs fall hard.

The massive desperation of the folks I've seen on Youtube, shouting to all their agents to file complaints is very telling. That being said, if an FMO truly does provide a tremendous amount of value, then that should be noted as well. But what's the TRUE cost of that value?

If Med supps provided as much marketing dollars as MAPDs did I'd have been on a beach in Fiji 12 years ago.

Real senior and Elite insurance group with Ifg will both do 30-50 k apps this yr . They have 400 plus agents and 5 or more call centers . It’s ridiculous when an agent makes $301 on a mapd to mapd app ( 80% of business ) an fmo makes $250 ish override . Fair comps $75-$100 . Your correct Connecture and Sunfire prices will collapse .CO’s will take that extra $400 an app and higher 100’s of licensing reps ,and triple there on the ground regionals . Fmo’s aren’t needed . It’s why I preach narrow the override fmo’s make on you for every thing you sell . Once you’re good in this business you don’t need them .

My immediate upline with 9 downline agents told me this will be a 190k hit to him

Starting with...I'm not an FMO and don't really get their value since most of the time they don't know the answer to my questions, anyway.

This is a BAD idea.

There will be no one left to train agents. It will eliminate FMO's. Which will lead to captive agents. That is NOT what is best for the country.

I took the time to learn the products starting back in May and have had decent success my first year with this with almost no marketing cost to me. I think that is any agent's dream. To take that away would really suck.

So you think it is ok to just take away money from Medicare Beneficiary healthcare funding to pay for whatever you think you need for your own personal business development?

I don't think the big FMOs are going anywhere. REAL FMO's are multi-million dollar organizations.

There are lots of agencies that call themselves FMO's....those are the ones in jeopardy. Which to be fair, with the exception of a few, most just contract hog and make overrides with little or no input in helping the agent (IMO)

Most likely the real big boys will remain and they will find a way to make it work. Presumably with much smaller margins (maybe even placing some agents below street level to create a spread/supposedly offer value?)

Personally, I do think there is a lot of extra expense paid out which realistically should be spent on healthcare. Not trips, bonuses and other fluff that these so called "FMO's" hand out based on what they collect in overrides etc.

Probably not a popular opinion on here but there you go. The arena is for sure going to thin out.

Back