Medicare agents - 2025 - CMS Rule Changes

Starting with...I'm not an FMO and don't really get their value since most of the time they don't know the answer to my questions, anyway.

This is a BAD idea.

There will be no one left to train agents. It will eliminate FMO's. Which will lead to captive agents. That is NOT what is best for the country.
what training? The carriers provide the training-not the FMO

Starting with...I'm not an FMO and don't really get their value since most of the time they don't know the answer to my questions, anyway.

This is a BAD idea.

There will be no one left to train agents. It will eliminate FMO's. Which will lead to captive agents. That is NOT what is best for the country.
I’d say that you are with the wrong FMO. The one I’m with is totally capable of answering all of my questions, even the technical ones.
As a result, I have very mixed feelings about any changes to the current system.
Good FMOs actually DO exist.

Good fmo’s exist and i got no problem with $100 an app total comp override for a fmo. But were this got diluted as hell was the $250 override ( that’s 80% commission of $310 for mapd) was trickling down 3-4 levels . You have mga that sign agents up like cattle making $100 an app doing zero . The training and admin is done by the fmo. Some of these mga’s make $1 mil plus a yr doing little . Like i said if cms allows overrides no dam way good agents should get screwed on marketing money . It’s coming out of the hide of the fmo

Good fmo’s exist and i got no problem with $100 an app total comp override for a fmo. But were this got diluted as hell was the $250 override ( that’s 80% commission of $310 for mapd) was trickling down 3-4 levels . You have mga that sign agents up like cattle making $100 an app doing zero . The training and admin is done by the fmo. Some of these mga’s make $1 mil plus a yr doing little . Like i said if cms allows overrides no dam way good agents should get screwed on marketing money . It’s coming out of the hide of the fmo
Are overrides residual? I get overrides on my only writing agent but my upline says it only pays 1 time. But I’ve seen others on here say FMO’s and upline’s get paid every year if the client renews (whether they change plans or not)

Yes, overrides are residual for every carrier that I have, which is most of them in the country. Your FMO may just be paying you "marketing dollars" My initial overrides come directly from the carrier (UHC, AETNA, CIGNA) and so do the residuals. I do not pay my SGA's MGA's or GA's their overrides, they are paid directly to each SGA, MGA, or GA by each carrier. Every agent on my team, and in every downline under me is contracted directly with each carrier, we do not contract solicitors.

Yes, overrides are residual for every carrier that I have, which is most of them in the country. Your FMO may just be paying you "marketing dollars" My initial overrides come directly from the carrier (UHC, AETNA, CIGNA) and so do the residuals. I do not pay my SGA's MGA's or GA's their overrides, they are paid directly to each SGA, MGA, or GA by each carrier. Every agent on my team, and in every downline under me is contracted directly with each carrier, we do not contract solicitors.
Ah ok, yes I am paid direct by some carriers and “marketing dollars” for others by my upline. But I am direct with each carrier not LOA, that was one thing I made 100% sure of… got taken advantage of when I first got into the industry and was LOA not knowing what that meant.

How does one get paid direct overrides instead of “marketing dollars”.

If overrides even exist anymore after this ruling goes through.

Ah ok, yes I am paid direct by some carriers and “marketing dollars” for others by my upline. But I am direct with each carrier not LOA, that was one thing I made 100% sure of… got taken advantage of when I first got into the industry and was LOA not knowing what that meant.

How does one get paid direct overrides instead of “marketing dollars”.

If overrides even exist anymore after this ruling goes through.
You said you get overrides on your only agent ? Are they paid by your fmo or the carrier . If paid by the carrier you should be getting $75 an app plus $3 ish a month renewal overrides as a single agent . An imo have 10-30 downline doing 3 -5 k apps a yr be at $175-$200 an app plus $6 per month renewal override. Plus you should be getting min $100 an app marketing money . Everything’s negotiable.

You said you get overrides on your only agent ? Are they paid by your fmo or the carrier . If paid by the carrier you should be getting $75 an app plus $3 ish a month renewal overrides as a single agent . An imo have 10-30 downline doing 3 -5 k apps a yr be at $175-$200 an app plus $6 per month renewal override. Plus you should be getting min $100 an app marketing money . Everything’s negotiable.
Certain carriers (won’t name them only have like 2) pay me direct. Otherwise I am getting $50 marketing money per app. Full Comp on MAPD and like 26%ish on Supp.

One carrier paid me a $25 override. I originally had 3 agents under me but 2 quit 😵‍💫

Certain carriers (won’t name them only have like 2) pay me direct. Otherwise I am getting $50 marketing money per app. Full Comp on MAPD and like 26%ish on Supp.

One carrier paid me a $25 override. I originally had 3 agents under me but 2 quit 😵‍💫
I don’t know your vol but $50 an app marketing money is weak . You should be at $100. But that’s irrelevant know as that’s over with in 5 months

Back