Medicare agents - 2025 - CMS Rule Changes

$12.50/mo per enrollee is a lot for people who did nothing for the sale. Why do the carriers waste their $ so foolishly? Agents that I know would have produced the sale without any marketing money. The $ could be used to provide a higher quality patient experience, CEO salary or any oth

There is no valid reason why the middlemen are making that much $ for doing nothing. Even worse

It certainly would not implement until 2025, but I think that DonP said that the CMS would bump up comp to ~$342/app street level. The proposal would equalize the comp at ALL levels without the overrride “administrative fees”, HRAs and over the top ridiculous marketing money. If we are being asked to give up all of that, $342 seems too low. My current upline shares, but too many DON’T.

They proposed total true up comp of $635 as I recall . Divided by 2 that’s $317.50 for non trueup . It’s up hardly any and replaces almost nothing of list overrides and marketing money

Todd I have good friend who’s team does around 3 k apps a yr . There at the $175 level . They told me to get to $200 an app they’d have to do 10 k apps . Who they were under was in the $250 range . There upline was under a massive mno. Maybe 2 -5 of those nationwide . The Brokerage is one of the massive Nmo’s. I believe only the Nmo is direct to the carriers like United . 90% of mga/ IMO’s (whatever you want to call it ) are in the $150-$175 an app range . Some CO’s like Humana most are paid directly from the fmo . Carriers like Anthem will only pay the biggest fmo’s direct . I’ve verified these #’s with others . Hell I’ve been offered $100 an app override paid direct from an fmo .

Okay, now we're getting down to it! So, you are now saying what I've been saying. $150-$175....not $250! I'm glad we agree now.

Like him or not, Don P is often correct. This case too. Won't say what our little peanut gallery does here, but but but...between my direct upline and then the FMO we both use, falls in line with what Don says.

Lets just say some people are great negotiators and find loopholes. Nothing personal, it's business.

Seems he was focused in on what he has admittedly said...the 10% of the big guys, not the 90% that I was talking about. So, was he really right? Not so much...even by his own words!

Too many folks focus only on the $$ and completely ignore what is good for the consumer.

Do the right thing (for your client) and the $$ will be there.

Or, as Kenny Rogers said, "Don't count your money when you are sitting at the table, there will be time for counting when the dealing is done"

Okay, now we're getting down to it! So, you are now saying what I've been saying. $150-$175....not $250! I'm glad we agree now.

Todd your twisting my words now . Wether you, me or 90% of people get $150-$175 is irrelevant. Every single plan is paying out $250 total . How it’s split up is meaningless. That’s like saying you get 150% with rna . But let’s say you have 1000 downline making 140% or less . Rna is still paying 150% on every single issued policy in your organization. How it’s split means nothing to Rna .

Todd your twisting my words now . Wether you, me or 90% of people get $150-$175 is irrelevant. Every single plan is paying out $250 total . How it’s split up is meaningless. That’s like saying you get 150% with rna . But let’s say you have 1000 downline making 140% or less . Rna is still paying 150% on every single issued policy in your organization. How it’s split means nothing to Rna .

Your words, not mine...."All these blood sucking fmo’s making $250-$500( overall comp including bonus and marketing money ) an app override in trouble."

I'll just rest my case here and be done with it. This conversation has ended.

Your words, not mine...."All these blood sucking fmo’s making $250-$500( overall comp including bonus and marketing money ) an app override in trouble."

I'll just rest my case here and be done with it. This conversation has ended.

When folks make up their own version of the truth it's challenging to remember which story they told.

I have enough trouble trying to remember the TRUTH I told someone, much less a lie.

Last edited:
It is disingenuous to use the work and goodwill of agents and brokers that way if this petition is meant for the general MA customer base.
Which costs would increase for Medicare beneficiaries if FMOs go away?
It's meant for us. Agents.

Got an email from one of my fmos yesterday. An Integrity fmo. Pushing the same link.

Spot on . Several you tubers have interviewed fmo’s . 100% of the interview is “ agents your in trouble . No more Sunfire , licensing help ,training , marketing dollars “ . Never one damm word their fat ass overrides are history . Never !!! . Rally the privates to save your overrides . I dint disagree fmo’s should make $100 an app . But $250 is 80% override plus you got 3-4 levels between the fmo and agent . CO’s using taxpayer profit to bride fmo’s

Last edited:
Back