Medicare.gov Plan Finder Update

If I'm not mistaken, the Sunfire program your upline is giving you is yours to keep even if you move away from them. I know that's how it is with us. All of our agents get this for free and they can take it with them if they leave us. Not a big deal. No loss of data.
Just another reason I like Medicare Pro. It connects to your Sunfire quotes. You can quote and enroll and more important save everything into the crm.

Since I pay for it, it stays with me if I get mad at Todd and decide to leave or if he decides to run my big ass off.

So if I can use Search and Save, Pro or whatever else is out there and its wrong and I prove to Medicare its wrong, will they allow a mid-year plan change? They will if I have Medicare.gov.

That's what's holding me back.

Of course I’d rather have an independent platform to hold rx but there’s none out there
Both Radius and Medicare Pro holds rx data. MPro also links to your Sunfire account. Both are subscription based so no need to worry about an FMO stealing your data.

So if I can use Search and Save, Pro or whatever else is out there and its wrong and I prove to Medicare its wrong, will they allow a mid-year plan change? They will if I have Medicare.gov.

That's what's holding me back.

I can appreciate the "escape door" you want to retain for your clients.

But how often do you really need to go out that door, and at what cost to your time?

Maybe use search & save for your purposes (speed) and if it's really that important pay a guy in the middle east $1.25/hr to "ghost" copy your S&S with Medicare.gov reports. Call it a data entry job and hire on Upwork.

I'd also recommend (not to be a broken record) telling your clients that you will no longer estimate actual costs. But you will provide them with facts - the summary of benefits for the plan you are recommending, a long with the tier levels for their Rx's.

Allow the percentages to stand as-is with no promise/estimate of actual price.

FWIW . . . I have only had one Rx "blow up" in the last dozen years. Using the Mcare PF (which was more user friendly at the time but not any more accurate) the SilverScript $0 deductible plan showed $18 for the BP med . . . when she filled it the copay was almost double. Not a happy camper!

I showed her and her husband (more even tempered, a real sweetheart) the report I had sent during AEP showed the $18 copay. I explained that there was no way to change her plan now . . . even if she could change the premium would be higher plus the plan had a deductible . . . so, if she changed plans it would cost more.

This was a time when SS updated their formulary after 12/7 . . . which is always fun.

Formularies can change during the year resulting in higher copays. Gasoline and food prices also change during the year.

Learn to roll with it and tell your clients the same thing.

Formulary changes are a nuisance but not anywhere close to dealing with delay and denial for pre-authorization for medical services (MAPD), or mid-year MCO contracts expiring, providers leaving the network, etc

FWIW . . . I have only had one Rx "blow up" in the last dozen years. Using the Mcare PF (which was more user friendly at the time but not any more accurate) the SilverScript $0 deductible plan showed $18 for the BP med . . . when she filled it the copay was almost double. Not a happy camper!

I showed her and her husband (more even tempered, a real sweetheart) the report I had sent during AEP showed the $18 copay. I explained that there was no way to change her plan now . . . even if she could change the premium would be higher plus the plan had a deductible . . . so, if she changed plans it would cost more.

This was a time when SS updated their formulary after 12/7 . . . which is always fun.

Formularies can change during the year resulting in higher copays. Gasoline and food prices also change during the year.

Learn to roll with it and tell your clients the same thing.

Formulary changes are a nuisance but not anywhere close to dealing with delay and denial for pre-authorization for medical services (MAPD), or mid-year MCO contracts expiring, providers leaving the network, etc

was it an $18 copay or did MC show retail as $18?

I can appreciate the "escape door" you want to retain for your clients.

But how often do you really need to go out that door, and at what cost to your time?

Maybe use search & save for your purposes (speed) and if it's really that important pay a guy in the middle east $1.25/hr to "ghost" copy your S&S with Medicare.gov reports. Call it a data entry job and hire on Upwork.

That's actually what I am thinking about. The lists are 80/20

80% of them are cheap generics and you are ok no matter what.

Do the 20% in both places. The 20%-er's we purposely ask them to wait until after 10/15 so the damn systems are correct.

This year, I have had 5, so less than 1%. Good Point.

Back