Medicare MSA plans for 2024

firepuppy

With Lasso Healthcare eliminating their MSA plan at the end of the year, does anyone know of an Medicare MSA plan offered ANYWHERE in the country for 2024?

does anyone know of an Medicare MSA plan offered ANYWHERE in the country for 2024?

I did a quick search and only found a state by state list from 2009.

Medicare MSA plans have even lower participation than HSA plans for folks under 65. The primary appeal is to individuals who have the means and ability to SAVE money for a "rainy day".

Far too many folks live way above their means and spend every dollar they take home.

Based on this, it appears the lucky folks in Wisconsin may be the only ones to have access to a Medicare MSA plan for 2024...
What a shame (since there are still a few folks who don't "live way above their means and spend every dollar they take home")...
Caveat, NOT an agent.

Be careful as you think about the MSA plan and finances as you are doing above.

In 2022 under an MSA plan I would have had a payment obligation of almost $20K. The net would have been the $20K less whatever the MSA reimbursement would have been.

On my HDF Medigap plan that almost $20K payment obligation was reduced to around $3,200. (Plus the HDF premium.)

Caveat, NOT an agent.

Be careful as you think about the MSA plan and finances as you are doing above.

In 2022 under an MSA plan I would have had a payment obligation of almost $20K. The net would have been the $20K less whatever the MSA reimbursement would have been.

On my HDF Medigap plan that almost $20K payment obligation was reduced to around $3,200. (Plus the HDF premium.)

Your OOP would have been nowhere near $20,000.00.

Max OOP on MSAs were $3,000-$5,000 in most states most years on average.

I've got some Lasso members needing a new home. Don't forget, these folks now have "Guaranteed Issue" into Medicare Supplement coverage. This is huge for those members beyond their 1-yr. trial period or otherwise uninsurable for new Medigap.

I like the MSA concept....wish someone like a Humana would step up to the plate with a plan. I see it as an interesting hybrid...an Advantage plan with features of a Supplement (no networks) and a Health Savings Account.

My MSA members were either Medicare under 65 with disability or fed up with their HMO type Advantage plans and willing to try something different. The "net deductible" with the MSA was always less then the MOOP on regular Advantage plans. And they could see any Medicare participating provider who agreed to accept the plan. Medicare disabled got a plan with $0 premium vs. getting gouged on premiums for Plan A. Also had a couple stuck in Plan F at $300+ premiums. For the more affluent, the profile for an MSA prospect is similar to those who like High-Deductible F or G.

Back