• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Medicare plan B

Hi everyone,

in July 2021, I noticed my early SS retirement check was about $150 short, after so many phone calls I found out the were deducting plan B and I did not ask for it. I live overseas and I can not use either plan A or plan B out of the USA. $150 taken from my paycheck every month is killing me. I called SS office back in July 2021 to cancel plan B, they interviewed me and helped me with CMS-1763 form and I mailed the form on the last week of July, I have not heard from SS and they’re still taking $148.50 every month. Once they cancel plan B do I get back all that money that was taken.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

in July 2021, I noticed my early SS retirement check was about $150 short, after so many phone calls I found out the were deducting plan B and I did not ask for it. I live overseas and I can not use either plan A or plan B out of the USA. $150 taken from my paycheck every month is killing me. I called SS office back in July 2021 to cancel plan B, they interviewed me and helped me with CMS-1763 form and I mailed the form on the last week of July, I have not heard from SS and they’re still taking $148.50 every month. Once they cancel plan B do I get back all that money that was taken.

Thank you

You did not opt out of Part B. Yes, you can cancel Part B. You will have issues if you ever want it again but it can be cancelled.

And the premium now is $170.10/mo.

If you never got notice about opting out of Part B then you may very well get a refund. But I'm sure when you ask for that proof of notification it will be provided.

Back