Medicare Supp. Insurance: Is this Worth Getting Into?

It's actually 83.91%, but who's counting?

HaHa - Thanks for answering my question. Do you think that number is true across all sellers of med supp? For example, would the 83.91% number vary from UnitedHealthCare to Mutual of Omaha to Aetna?

Also, if most med supp sales are handled by FMOs, what is the remaining percentage breakdown for local general agencies and independent agents?

HaHa - Thanks for answering my question. Do you think that number is true across all sellers of med supp? For example, would the 83.91% number vary from UnitedHealthCare to Mutual of Omaha to Aetna?

Also, if most med supp sales are handled by FMOs, what is the remaining percentage breakdown for local general agencies and independent agents?

Some companies will only contract agents and agencies through FMOs.

What's the purpose of your question?

I was thinking about getting into selling Med. Supp, but I heard that commission rates have changed over the years.

Is it still worth it to sell Med. Supp?

Do most companies pay asingle lump sum commission or do they provide a tiered commissionto other contributors to the sales process?

How do you get your best leads when selling med supp?

Any other feedback on your experience with selling med. supp. would be very much appreciated!

It's great that everyone is answering you and that I admitted to starting at Senior's man breasts.

However, nobody asked you the most important question:

What state are you in and is that where you plan on marketing supps?

The answer is much different if you're in Indiana where all but one agent is successful, or selling in Ohio where you can't hardly figure out a way to sell hello without the DOI getting invloved.

In addition, commissions may be an issue in CA, OR, WA and MO.

You haven't given anyone enough information for a good answer (yet others have chimed in).

Rick

GreenSky said:
It's great that everyone is answering you and that I admitted to starting at Senior's man breasts.

However, nobody asked you the most important question:

What state are you in and is that where you plan on marketing supps?

The answer is much different if you're in Indiana where all but one agent is successful, or selling in Ohio where you can't hardly figure out a way to sell hello without the DOI getting invloved.

In addition, commissions may be an issue in CA, OR, WA and MO.

You haven't given anyone enough information for a good answer (yet others have chimed in).

Rick
All the good agents have answered and do not need any extra information.

I do hope the op realizes that some of these answers are bs....

Back