MedSupp client entering assisted living, Omnicare PBM does their Rx

yorkriver1

Guru
1000 Post Club
Virginia
I assume that either Omnicare, part of CVS Caremark has a proprietary PDP & the client will need to:
a. switch to Omnicare
b. if possible switch to a PDP I can sell where Omnicare is a network provider.
Anyone with experience in this situation?
The client doesn't want or need to switch to an MAPD.

See my original post: just found this:
In addition to our larger web-based worksite, we offer OmniPlanFinder, a web portal that’s designed for residents and RPs. This proprietary tool determines the most cost-effective Medicare Advantage or Medicare Part D plan and simplifies what can be an overwhelming Medicare enrollment process. Omnicare customers will benefit from:

• Innovative, cost-saving solutions for residents
  • Greater visibility into projected annual prescription drug costs and coverage details by resident, by plan

See my original post: just found this:
In addition to our larger web-based worksite, we offer OmniPlanFinder, a web portal that’s designed for residents and RPs. This proprietary tool determines the most cost-effective Medicare Advantage or Medicare Part D plan and simplifies what can be an overwhelming Medicare enrollment process. Omnicare customers will benefit from:

• Innovative, cost-saving solutions for residents
  • Greater visibility into projected annual prescription drug costs and coverage details by resident, by plan
so the question is, would PDP's, say those using CVS Caremark as PBM consider Omnicare as in network for mail order.
Then let my client know they will be approached to shop for plans with Omnicare in the OmniPlanFinder, perhaps Omnicare's own call center, or maybe a partnership with a call center.
I am not going to try to force this, whatever works for this situation.
Perhaps some of you have more experience with the transitioning to assisted living memory care and the insurance staying the same or not.

Back