Mega Strikes Again NASE/UGA/HEALTHMARKETS

Re: I Made $40,000......

I made $40,000 in March, selling individual health plans.

The reactions were what I was told they would be. Thank God there were no internet forums when I came into this business many years ago, but on the bright side, the 80% now has a place to congregate and mouth off.

Re: Mega Strikes Again(Mega Health Insurance) NASE/UGA/HEALTHMARKETS

I've seen a plan or two by Mega and frankly it's garbage. The lady showed me her schedule of benefits and the max it paid was 50k for hospitalization in her lifetime. It had a max dollar amount per surgury that it would pay and you were left with the balance. Gallbladder removal...$1,500 you had to pay whatever the balance was. All she kept saying is it was cheap and her deductible was like $500. She had no clue what her liability would be after her dedcutible casue she didn't understand. But you get what you pay for cheap policy cheap benefits and major financial exposure. She would have come out better with a HSA. O and Mega is not accepted by a bunch of doctors in my area which is another draw back. Out of say 50,000 docts only 10 accept it.

I'm all for making money, but why with a BS product like Mega?

Also I worked with 2 agents that came from there, they made money for a short while then leads started costing them a fortune, chargebacks, and all that was required to go here and there. The Branch Manager was the one making the money not them, per them. And both are pretty good sales person and doing well where they are at now so I doubt it was them that couldn't sell but the product they sold.

Glad to see this post permanently at the top.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I've seen a plan or two by Mega and frankly it's garbage. The lady showed me her schedule of benefits and the max it paid was 50k for hospitalization in her lifetime. It had a max dollar amount per surgury that it would pay and you were left with the balance. Gallbladder removal...$1,500 you had to pay whatever the balance was. All she kept saying is it was cheap and her deductible was like $500. She had no clue what her liability would be after her dedcutible casue she didn't understand. But you get what you pay for cheap policy cheap benefits and major financial exposure.

I do not even know about calling those plans cheap. I remember when I used to sell them in my previous life. For the amount of money that you would pay for cheap MEGA plan you could have gotten even more affordable legitimate health plan from Blue Cross here in California.

Last edited:

And we always have to remind people that Mega agents are the pinnacle of class:

http://www.oklahoma-isp.net/rhb/mega-nasn-threat.mp3

If the Mega agent really is as new as he says he is then I would not fault the agent 100% for this. And yes I know it's his responsiblity to know the laws I think it's just a good example of the piss poor training they do on the laws and more than likely he was encouraged to go out and post those signs.

I'm not 100% sure about this but if someone records a conversation don't they have to clarify this and get an acknowledgement from the other person on the phone that it's being recorded? If this is true then this Mega agent could potentialy have get the caller in a world of trouble.....

BTW, I really do hate Mega and everything they stand for.

Just got off the phone with a guy who's wife just had a 4 way bypass...and coverage with Mega. He's just now realizing what sort of exposure he had/has. Poor b*stard. How do they get away with this limited stuff without some disclosure? Or is it ultimately the consumer's fault for not doing enough due diligence? I talk to some people with their coverage, and they think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Yoh "Thirsty," don't even bait me with a Mega commentary.
I could rant for hours.

Last edited:

I always thought that it seemed strange that the big H/C's such as United Health, Assurant, Humana etc etc don't do a big public education push about Health Insurance. Esp. since they are getting so much bad press of late.

Dude, this just in.
Insurance companies are in business not to educate but to make money.
I know, I was stunned also.
Here's how it is.
Insurance companies know that there are 2 kinds of consumers out here in these not so United States.
Stupid and non stupid.
They want as large a market share as possible from each of these 2 factions. Even the "big H/C's" offer wise and not so wise product lines. If one does it, they all have to do so to compete financially.
Faction two will take their time, seek out expert guidance, look for real professional references, take notes and genuinely try to understand the coverage / price balance continuum (you know, that risk management thing) in its entirety.
Faction one puts this off until they can no longer tolerate their spouse’s insistent badgering; looks for the cheapest / quickest way possible to get this over and done with, doesn't want to talk to a "salesman." Then our subject goes online, looks at the price, the deductible, the doc. visit co - pay amount, the price again and then applies for his dream plan through Ehealth. Following this, he will assuredly scamper back to his 5 foot television where he can blissfully lose himself within his / her Friends compilation VHS tape, or perhaps their American Gladiators DVD collection.
It took me along time to get this into my thick skull, but I gotta tell ya bubba,
Ya can't fix stupid.

Last edited:

Although I don't sell health insurance full time anymore, I got a great feeling today replacing a Midwest Health Policy!! I just got a random call from my website and closed him on the spot! If only it were this easy all the time!

To all the people still selling Mega/Midwest policies out there, thank you! It makes us people who have common sense and integrity easy money!

Back