Mental Health Care + Medicare Advantage

Well said....I have not read the book but just ordered it.

Education Is a wonderful thing if it can truly educate. The problem is some on here refuse to be educated.. They don't give their clients all the facts. They are narrow minded in their approach to Medicare and most likely life in general.

When every single supposed educational article they post is anti MA it shows their bias and or their joy in being the antagonist each day to drive their post count. Every message board has one or two posters like we have here that like rile folks up and of course pretend they are the smartest person on the board.

For all of the GOOD agents on here continue offer you clients options...
Don't be singular focused.. Don't use scare tactics....
Do what is right for your clients...

EXCELLENT !!!

Yes, but wouldn't this be considered a waste of time?

Depends on what info you prefer. I prefer to learn from a person who inspires me and gives real world examples of business success and tips of how to stay motivated and be better then all the rest in your industry. Some like to read articles written by people with agendas and personal opinions. Some like to watch the liberal tv stations to get pumped full of their crap and some like Fox News to listen to Republican’s and get pumped full of the same crap. Wonder which way will make you a more informed business man?

Yes, but wouldn't this be considered a waste of time?

I worked in several different sales positions before starting my own (one man) agency in 1993. Every place I worked, every one I worked for, had their own ideas about how to be successful.

"Dress for success"

Fake it until you make it

Learn the sales script and do not stray - use it verbatim

Acknowledge prospect questions, compliment them on what a great question, then say it will be addressed later (but never bring it up again and hope they forget)

Use the flip chart

Drive the best car . . . even if you can't afford it

Borrow as much as you can to finance your business

Control the interview and don't let the prospect get you off track

Use power phrases

Close at least 5x before you leave . . . preferably 7x

Sell the product(s) that make the most money for you and sell multiple products at the same sit.

Not a single manager told me to ask questions and encourage the prospect to ask questions. In fact, they said if I let the prospect ask questions I have lost control and lost the sale.

Odd, how everything I was TOLD to do limited my success . . . but when I learned to ask questions, listen, take notes and provide answers my closing & retention ratio went way up.

I did listen to "motivational" speakers, read their books, attended seminars, but those things didn't work for me and most of the time when I tried using their words and phrases it didn't come across as natural.

I used the Granum OCS which helped me get organized but didn't increase sales. I read The Critical Path to Sales Success but it did nothing for me.

Two books turned my business around . . . "Do what you love, the money will follow" and "Secrets of question based selling" did more to improve my path to success than anything else.

YMMV

Zig-helping-others.jpg

I worked in several different sales positions before starting my own (one man) agency in 1993. Every place I worked, every one I worked for, had their own ideas about how to be successful.

"Dress for success"

Fake it until you make it

Learn the sales script and do not stray - use it verbatim

Acknowledge prospect questions, compliment them on what a great question, then say it will be addressed later (but never bring it up again and hope they forget)

Use the flip chart

Drive the best car . . . even if you can't afford it

Borrow as much as you can to finance your business

Control the interview and don't let the prospect get you off track

Use power phrases

Close at least 5x before you leave . . . preferably 7x

Sell the product(s) that make the most money for you and sell multiple products at the same sit.

Not a single manager told me to ask questions and encourage the prospect to ask questions. In fact, they said if I let the prospect ask questions I have lost control and lost the sale.

Odd, how everything I was TOLD to do limited my success . . . but when I learned to ask questions, listen, take notes and provide answers my closing & retention ratio went way up.

I did listen to "motivational" speakers, read their books, attended seminars, but those things didn't work for me and most of the time when I tried using their words and phrases it didn't come across as natural.

I used the Granum OCS which helped me get organized but didn't increase sales. I read The Critical Path to Sales Success but it did nothing for me.

Two books turned my business around . . . "Do what you love, the money will follow" and "Secrets of question based selling" did more to improve my path to success than anything else.

YMMV

I agree all those sales pitches are a bunch of garbage. Only thing you need to be successful in this business is to be able to talk to people and actually listen to them along with knowing the products like the back of your hand. People see right through all the fake quotes, hand gestures, etc. The only books I read are more motivational to keep in shape, do the best as a Father, how to keep motivated in your career, etc.

Like I said I really don't care what 1 person's opinion is on any topic, hence why I can't listen to talk radio or watch any political news stations. I stick to watching sports and reruns of oldies like Friends, Two and a half men, etc. Much more relaxing to me. Ha

Latest posts

Back