MetLife Agent Force Heading for MassMutual?

This means one fewer place to start in this business where you can get some upfront financial support while you learn the ropes.

This means one fewer place to start in this business where you can get some upfront financial support while you learn the ropes.

Yes, agreed. Very well trained from what I've seen. Even the guys who had just been there under 2 years were well versed in all aspects of insurance contracts, etc and prospecting/presenting.

Yes, agreed. Very well trained from what I've seen. Even the guys who had just been there under 2 years were well versed in all aspects of insurance contracts, etc and prospecting/presenting.

When they left, were they still able to keep servicing their Met book of business?

When they left, were they still able to keep servicing their Met book of business?

It depended on their contract from what I've gathered. A couple had to stay till March for some date and others didn't. Some had different times of no contact, etc. Others could sell outside Met. Others couldn't. Mixed bag. Evidently they had multiple setups.

I have no idea how this will change those who were staying till March end.

One of the problems with their system.. They pay all the expense in financing and training agents only to have them lured away by the broker companies about the time they start to turn a profit. That was one of the reasons AGLA got rid of their captive sales force.

One of the problems with their system.. They pay all the expense in financing and training agents only to have them lured away by the broker companies about the time they start to turn a profit. That was one of the reasons AGLA got rid of their captive sales force.

You are absolutely correct. They trained em' and then they head for greener pastures.

Reading the LifeHealthPro article, "as part of the deal, Metlife will be the exclusive developer of certain annuity products issued by Mass", Mass never had any good annuity products so I dont see this development being competitive or a big deal..

Back