MGA Specialized in Trucking

I'm just curious -- do these MGA's "actively" look for new brokers? Are they actively looking for new business? I hear so many stories about MGA's not getting back to "new" brokers. I don't do P/C coverage, but I would think it is probably be case specific. Thanks.

From what I am hearing no. There is a long line... most of the "good" MGA's rigorously vet the retailers.

Crouse, Brookside, RT-Specialty and RPS here in Ca.

It's been getting tougher and tougher, and I don't know if it's going to get any better anytime soon.

Brookside is legit. Rudy over there is a cool dude. You can also try Union General - Union General Home Page. Keep in mind they don't appoint everyone.

If you haven't already try USG, World Wide Facilities wholesalers too.

Last edited:
Goes to show you that always answering your phone can help make you very wealthy. Most people in any business don't even bother to return a communication. Just being easy to get a hold of is an asset.

Brookside is legit. Rudy over there is a cool dude. You can also try Union General - Union General Home Page. Keep in mind they don't appoint everyone.

If you haven't already try USG, World Wide Facilities wholesalers too.

Yeah, Rudy is legit.

I don't know about USG. I gave them chance after chance, and they kept bungling quotes, not returning phone calls, getting me renewal quotes at 4:30 pm the day before. I have to check my notes, but I think they are the only wholesaler I won't work with unless my back was completely against the wall.

Back