Momma's Boy

Don't you people all have velcro and slip on shoes?

Shoes?

Oh yeah, those things you wear in the winter when it is too cold to wear thongs.

I mean, flip flops.

What does it take to be called a momma's boy?

Beside her paying for your health insurance when your grown.

I love my mother!

I had a mother in CA call me here in AZ to get health insurance on her 44 year old son and I wished I had never received that call. The mother was a nightmare - rude, brash, demanding... I wonder when these 40-something dependents will grow up, and in some cases I wonder if Mama will let them grow up.

I had a mother in CA call me here in AZ to get health insurance on her 44 year old son and I wished I had never received that call. The mother was a nightmare - rude, brash, demanding... I wonder when these 40-something dependents will grow up, and in some cases I wonder if Mama will let them grow up.

My brothers and I were raised by a single mom. I always remember her saying you are a man, you need to be a man.

Look how many mothers are raising kids on welfare or with help from from their parents. And baby daddy is maybe contributing a lousy $50-$100 a week. The weaker sex is not female.

I don't get it.

Ha ha! She has relatives in Georgia. Somehow they got OUR number. We have one who still tries to run her son's live, and he is married with kids. Somehow we have gotten involved with that as well. The wife calls, says "deal with me, not her". Oh boy. So we get to quote HIPAA laws to mom and try to stay off the phone with her. I could have been a diplomat in another life!

Maybe if you followed up it would not have lied dormant, instead you waited for them to contact you. Oh right because it's not worth it due to lower commissions, got it.

And how grown up is it to talk about other people especially when they cannot defend themselves?

Do you know everything that this person has gone through in their life that led up to this point?

Would you not help your child at any point of their life if they needed you?

If there is a sale there, you certainly don't deserve any commission you'd get no matter how small.

Got a call yesterday from a woman in another state. Didn't register at first, but we had talked over a month ago when she called looking for health insurance for her son.

Her 44 year old son.

Son had moved to GA a few months ago and mommy was paying his health insurance premiums for him on coverage that really wasn't portable to Georgia.

I sent her, and him, a proposal based on what she wanted. Had a few follow up emails with the son, and then nothing.

I never did chase prospects and am less inclined to do so now when working for half pay. Correspondence went to zero a couple of weeks ago.

Until yesterday.

Mom was tired of paying the high premium and wanted to know the status. I told her he never decided on a plan or applied.

She then asked me to call him and then call her back and report what I had learned.

Talking to the son, he was still undecided. He also revealed his mother had told him not to indicate he was a smoker so they could get a better rate.

I told him that wouldn't work. The carrier WILL find out and surcharge his premium retroactively.

Then I called mom, relayed the conversation including the part about tobacco use and how the premium would be impacted. I sent both a link to the application.

Obama said parents can treat adult's as children until age 26. Apparently the law stopped short. Some children never grow up.

Lianao, you are the last person in the world I would want giving me advice. Only insecure people like you feel a need to try and feed their ego on this site. Gotta have your groupies. Grow up. This isn't the 70's any more and that used car salesman attitude doesn't cut it.

So do you think what you're teaching in this post is good advice? How about you stand up in front of an agency or a corporation and share this valuable insight and see what they think?

Better yet: What if your client saw what you posted about them?

You're talking about them (not in complimentary way) and not following up with them because you deem them not worthy of your time and the commission is not worth it. There's a sure way to win the customer over right?

My ego? As if this "Momma's Boy" post has so much value to bring to the forum members huh?

People feeding their egos on this site is what you and those who dominate the posts do on a daily basis. If anyone diagrees or counters, you stone them! Whereas I haven't been on here for weeks but was told of another thread about me so I checked out the rest of the threads.

And actually it seems you'd know more about the 70's used care salesman techniques than I because:

A: A used car salesman says "If I have something you like, will you take it today? Basically trying to make sure the money is there first before servicing the client like this thread of yours shows.

B: I was a child in the 70's!!!

However, my dad who's going to be 84 taught me very, very well and he likely has forgotten way more about sales & service then you've ever even known Bob. But he wouldn't waste his time with you because you're poor attitude towards the people who ultimately pay your bills. And therefore, I will no longer waste my time with you either.

I stand behind my statement, you don't deserve the commission.
:nah:

Lianao, you are the last person in the world I would want giving me advice. Only insecure people like you feel a need to try and feed their ego on this site. Gotta have your groupies. Grow up. This isn't the 70's any more and that used car salesman attitude doesn't cut it.

Back