Monthly Prior Authorization

madvair

Hey all, I have Ambetter IlliniCare, and they are requiring my doctor to give them a monthly prior authorization for Advair, which I think is absurd. I've been taking Advair for asthma the last 5 years.

I realize now that it's too late that this company has many bad reviews, and I should've seen this coming. I've had plans at this price point the past 2 years, and they were just fine, but I should've done my homework this time.

I told a service rep that this process is a huge burden for my doctor and I, and he doesn't have time to do this every month, and she said, "Your doctor doesn't have time to treat you? That's his job." :mad:

It's clear to me now that I will have to rinse and repeat this obnoxious process for the remainder of the year.

Does anyone have insight on how to beat this process? Make it easier? Is this the new norm or only with less expensive insurance?

Thanks!

Hey all, I have Ambetter IlliniCare, and they are requiring my doctor to give them a monthly prior authorization for Advair, which I think is absurd. I've been taking Advair for asthma the last 5 years.

I realize now that it's too late that this company has many bad reviews, and I should've seen this coming. I've had plans at this price point the past 2 years, and they were just fine, but I should've done my homework this time.

I told a service rep that this process is a huge burden for my doctor and I, and he doesn't have time to do this every month, and she said, "Your doctor doesn't have time to treat you? That's his job." :mad:

It's clear to me now that I will have to rinse and repeat this obnoxious process for the remainder of the year.

Does anyone have insight on how to beat this process? Make it easier? Is this the new norm or only with less expensive insurance?

Thanks!

Pay cash and buy from canada!

Latest posts

Back