Mutual of Omaha to retire corporate logo

Has no effect on my life today? These statements and events did not take place years ago.

BLM-Branded 'Kill a White on Sight' Posters Found in Scotland

‘Kill White People,’ ‘Black Lives Matter’ Graffiti Hits Florida Businesses, Homes And Donald Trump Signs

Black Lives Matter co-founder appears to label white people ‘defects’

Black Lives Matter Leader Now Says White People's Churches 'Should All Come Down' ⋆ The Washington Sentinel

It is not me saying to kill anyone on the basis of their race. It is not me claiming that one race is inferior to another.. It is not me claiming a place of worship should be destroyed because of the race of people that meet there. It is not me on here arguing on behalf of people who think and talk that way.
I saw something on the looky box the other night about white supremers in Europe. Seriously, if you're looking for racists.....try Canada too.

Again, I never justified what they were saying, never attacked anyone, never did any of these things you are stating. This thread was never about BLM and to be honest I personally dont want to turn in it into one.

You asked why are people condemning the US the most and I gave you an answer.

Here's a fix, since you feel impacted by what they are saying, allow others the freedom to state from their experience what has or is impacting them.

You feel threatened today and for many of them they have felt threatened everyday walking in their skin.

Actually, they and their ancestors have felt threatened for years in America walking in their skin
I can relate. I've been the only white among blacks a few times. You get the sense that you wouldn't get a fair shake if things went south. I guess it's all part of being a minority. Let's hope the Hispanics prove gracious.

@rousemark

Again, I never justified what they were saying, never attacked anyone, never did any of these things you are stating. This thread was never about BLM and to be honest I personally dont want to turn in it into one.

You asked why are people condemning the US the most and I gave you an answer.

Here's a fix, since you feel impacted by what they are saying allow others the freedom to state from their experience what has or is impacting them.

You feel threatened today and for many of them they have felt threatened everyday walking in their skin.

Actually, they and their ancestors have felt threatened for years in America walking in their skin
I am not denying any one the opportunity to speak.. But, I don't think they have the right to riot, burn maim and kill. And, I am well aware of the fact that I have never experience DWB (Driving While Black). And, I hope the day soon comes that no longer occurs..

Again, you didn't answer my question.. You told me to read a book and then form an opinion. I have read the book you suggested and it does not answer the question. So, if you have an answer, I will read it in the morning if you choose to share it. I will say from what I have read of Mr. Douglass, I do not think he would be involved as a leader in what is going on today.

I am not denying any one the opportunity to speak.. But, I don't think they have the right to riot, burn maim and kill.

You and me both. But make sure you clearly see who "they" are.

And, I am well aware of the fact that I have never experience DWB (Driving While Black). And, I hope the day soon comes that no longer occurs..

You and me both.

Again, you didn't answer my question.. You told me to read a book and then form an opinion. I have read the book you suggested and it does not answer the question. So, if you have an answer, I will read it in the morning if you choose to share it. I will say from what I have read of Mr. Douglass, I do not think he would be involved as a leader in what is going on today.

I'm not telling you to form an opinion. I'm telling you to read to learn first hand experience and history to see how atrocious institutionalized slavery was in America. In regards to Mr. Douglass, I agree with you but I definitely believe he would understand why some people feel the way they do

Check out what year Ethiopia and Nigeria ended slavery it is kind of interesting.
This from Wikipedia:
In the 21st Century, almost every country has legally abolished chattel slavery, but the number of people currently enslaved around the world is far greater than the number of slaves during the historical Atlantic slave trade.

Since the 2014 Civil War in Libya, and the subsequent breakdown of law and order, there have been reports of enslaved migrants being sold in public, open slave markets in the country.[17]

Mauritania has a long history with slavery. Chattel slavery was formally made illegal in the country but the laws against it have gone largely unenforced. It is estimated that around 90,000 people (over 2% of Mauritania's population) are slaves.

You and me both. But make sure you clearly see who "they" are.

You and me both.

I'm not telling you to form an opinion. I'm telling you to read to learn first hand experience and history to see how atrocious institutionalized slavery was in America. In regards to Mr. Douglass, I agree with you but I definitely believe he would understand why some people feel the way they do
I was not offended by the other remark you made that you thought offended me. But I am offended by the idea that you think I am not aware of how atrocious institutionalized slavery was. I am not a believer in the benevolent master idea of slavery in this country. Some masters may have treated their slaves better than others but they still held them enslaved. BTW, free blacks and the American Indians owned black slaves and as a rule they treated them no better (or worse) than white owners proving that slavery and its horrors is not an issue of race.. I am going to let you have the last word in this conversation.. My you be richly blessed in life..

I was not offended by the other remark you made that you thought offended me. But I am offended by the idea that you think I am not aware of how atrocious institutionalized slavery was. I am not a believer in the benevolent master idea of slavery in this country. Some masters may have treated their slaves better than others but they still held them enslaved. BTW, free blacks and the American Indians owned black slaves and as a rule they treated them no better (or worse) than white owners proving that slavery and its horrors is not an issue of race.. I am going to let you have the last word in this conversation.. My you be richly blessed in life..
My last word will be you be blessed as well.

And just about EVERY poll taken by the Washington Football Organization at gatherings of or Reservations of Native Americans found that the majority took no offense to the name or logo. This has been going on for years and each time a group tried to show that there was general displeasure to the logo or name the results came back the same. There has been a very vocal minority of people in the DC area who have told everyone that they SHOULD be offended and if they aren't offended they are wrong. And I still have no idea what woke means outside of sleep

Whatever, man. Then don’t take their word for it. I’m just pointing out that not all Native Americans feel offended by logos. It’s a mistake I’ve often observed by people on the left (especially young white SJW types), to say something like “Native Americans think....”, or “African Americans believe...”, etc., as though people within groups all think in a homogenous fashion. For example, my stepfather is 100% Navajo and has never found the Redskins logo to be offensive. (He’s a HUGE Cardinals fan, though, and hates the Cowboys! He’s from Arizona, though, so what can I say?:no:)

I dont disagree that some Native Americans do not find it offensive. But a majority do. Every poll taken "for the team" was exactly that... for the team. Academic and scientific experts who specialize in polling methods have found huge flaws in these so called polls and studies. The Washington Post poll for instance surveyed 500 people who "identify as native american"... not who they certified were native american... any Elizabeth Warren could have responded to that poll...

Polls taken among true native americans are usually split, or slightly in majority of it being offensive. But if you look at demographics under the age of 60, and those who strongly identify as native american, it is a true majority that feel its offensive.

There are a lot of articles out there detailing the issues in those so called studies claiming 90% feel its ok. Wikipedia isnt a bad starting point: Washington Redskins name opinion polls - Wikipedia

Back