My First Time Doorknocking

It was a small town of 600 in west central MN. People are approachable. They were working on outdoor projects, playing with kids...those were the best leads. Its a whoppping hour of experience though so take it with a grain of salt.

This is awesome to see! Your market is very similar to mine and I've been trying to get the gumption to go out and door knock! I'm glad to see it went well for you!

I knocked 34 doors today, my first time ever: *16 no answers *7 no interest *7 leads (send me more info but no apt) *4 appointments This took about an hour. I know that this won't prove to be my average, I just got really lucky today. But damn it was exhilarating. It's a huge rush, puts you on a huge high and keeps you going (can you tell I'm new). For anyone that cares I said this (or some variation): "Hi My name is _________ with _________, we do insurance...auto, home, life and investments. It's way too nice of a day to be sitting behind a desk so I thought I'd come out and meet some people in the neighbor, what's your name?" From there I'd wing it, I dunno but it worked (for now)! I only need 5 appointments/week so that's pretty good!

I always tell my agents my biggest sales and best ideas I stumbled into. The key was I was at least stumbling and not sitting around!

Way to go! Great success story and creating some momentum!

Back