My Friends At Sales Genie

Josh

Guru
5000 Post Club
I got an interesting message from someone today on my site:

Please send me Pricing and information on your lead generation package for local use ie Atlanta GA only I am looking into Sales Genie and they are offering 500 leads per month at 60.00 buck a month no obligation. I would also like to be direct to a demo to see your operating system. also run a test lead generation. Sales Genie has told me your leads are not accurate. I want to see who is the most accurate.

I called the number and the person answering the phone wasn't the person listed on the contact form, so it seems like it may have been a bogus form, but who knows, maybe it was just a typo? It's a shame, I'd be very curious to know which reps at Sales Genie claim my lists aren't accurate when I consistently run more accurate than them and at a better price point. I also back my lists with a 100% replacement guarantee, which they don't.

What do you guys think? Maybe someone is just pulling my chain? I'd actually e be flattered if they singled me out and claimed my data wasn't as accurate as theirs.

Probably worth starting a thread in the offers section specifically comparing us since these types of questions seem to come up a lot.

Have you called Sales Genie and said you were also interested in "affordable marketing lists" to see what the rep says?

I have not. They did call me to broker there data once because one of my customers told them about me, but they have so many reps (and cycle through so many reps) it's unlikely I would even get the same person.

It might have just been a generic "we're more accurate than the other guy" type comment as well, vs any specific feedback about mine.

Just curious, how do you know you are more accurate?
I'm not sure how anyone makes that claim in the data business unless they verify the data themselves (which I know sales genie does, to some extent).

And yes, this whole thread really belongs in offers.

Dan

Just curious, how do you know you are more accurate?
I'm not sure how anyone makes that claim in the data business unless they verify the data themselves (which I know sales genie does, to some extent).

I base that on what clients tell me (admittedly not scientific) as well as studies that have been done. The more objective study was done by Axciom (source for most mail houses) and found that infogroup (sales genie) was consistently in the 85% range or so. My data typically runs 97%+ accurate. I know that number because I use it myself AND my customers can come back and request credit on them and get a 1:1 replacement on any bad data. Once in a blue moon it'll drop below 90% (one real bad batch was 81%), but it's routinely 97% plus accurate.

Not to bait you, but then why wouldn't Sales Genie just get their data from the same place you get yours.

Good question? I'd cut them a heck of a deal? ;)

From what I understand they compile their data in-house. The file I pull off is aggregated from hundreds of sources, some of which I believe they don't even have access too.

Back