MyCancellation.com

I would hope that this doesn't become a trend. It gives the impression that the health insurers were wrong for enforcing ObamaCare the way they did and are now "apologizing".

From his press release:

"I disagreed with health insurers' decision to cancel policies and Covered California's decision to require health insurers selling in the Exchange to cancel existing policies on December 31," Jones added. "Health insurers and Covered California are allowing small businesses to renew their existing plans past December 31 and should have allowed individuals and families to do the same.

I think he does a good job parceling the blame appropriately.

the idea of grandfathering all existing individual plans purchased before 2014 is gaining traction in Congress this afternoon.

supposedly it's just affects 6 percent of Americans but those six percent are pretty influential. not your lunch bucket Joes or Medicaid types.

Last edited:
When the folks with group insurance come out of the ether and figure out the higher premiums, higher deductibles and no copays are O'bama's idea and not their employer they will join the chorus.

Of course now we have Pres. DoubleSpeak chiming in . . .

The videos show Obama promising 300 million Americans that “if you like your health-care plan, you will be able to keep your health-care plan, period.”

But that’s not what he really said, Obama announced Monday in a speech to about 200 Organizing for Action supporters, gathered at the St. Regis hotel in D.C.

“What we said was you could keep it if it hasn’t changed since the law was passed,”
Obama denies videotaped "you can keep it" promises | The Daily Caller

When the folks with group insurance come out of the ether and figure out the higher premiums, higher deductibles and no copays are O'bama's idea and not their employer they will join the chorus.

Of course now we have Pres. DoubleSpeak chiming in . . .

Obama denies videotaped "you can keep it" promises | The Daily Caller

Yes, so far most of the people think that it's just 5% of Americans who buy those "substandard" policies which "don't provide real financial protection". However, when you add all the Non-Grandfathered small group plans losing their pre-ACA plan at their 2014 renewal dates, it adds up to between 93 million and 118 million, depending on who is counting.

----------

I think he does a good job parceling the blame appropriately.

He did an excellent job explaining that. More politicians should do the same thing.

Some of the folks I talk to that have group insurance are blaming the employer. There is a disconnect between plan changes and Obamacare. Some actually believe O'bama told the truth about keeping your plan but their employer lied.

Some of the folks I talk to that have group insurance are blaming the employer. There is a disconnect between plan changes and Obamacare. Some actually believe O'bama told the truth about keeping your plan but their employer lied.

They voted for Obama too! You can't fix stupid. I can tell you that Obama is lying because his lips are moving.

My fiance is a manager at a major retail store. They pay 70% of employee heath insurance cost.

This year instead of raising rates they cut benefits on the bottom two plan levels, and just raised rates on the top tier.

The 2nd tier had co-pays stripped from the rx plan. The 3rd tier had an increased deductible. The 1st tier had a very minor increase in deductible and decent increase in price.

But most people there are in the 2nd tier plan. And NOBODY in her store realized that rx co-pays were eliminated from that level plan! Everyone she talked to thought the plans had stayed the same except for a higher price on the "expensive" plan....

So no instead of an $80 max copay; they are OOP 100% until they hit $1500.

These are people making $11/h. The ones who need rx usually cant afford full price. One of her co-workers thanked her for telling her because her son is on some very expensive meds.

So if they want decent RX they have to move up to the top tier, which is $50/m higher.

The point is that there are a lot of people out there with group plans who are getting screwed and wont find out until they try to use their "new improved" obamapolicy.

Last edited:
We are covered under the state health benefit plan for state employees. Last year there were 16 options from two carriers. Choices included PPO plans, HMO plans, copay plans, HSA, HRA.

This year we have 1 carrier and 3 plan choices. HRA only.

Premiums are slightly higher. No more copay options. HRA contribution is minimal. Higher deductible and higher OOP.

We are OK with it. Not happy, but OK. Most employees had copay plans. Now they have to pay the first $3750 (Bronze) and 25% until we hit $9000 OOP.

This is up from $2800 ded and $6500 OOP

Employees blaming everyone but O'bama

Latest posts

Back