MyCancellation.com

You Republican bashes are just trying to spin this as negative. There is no way to know how it will work until we roll it out on January 1st 2014.

You will see that everyone has free or nearly free health insurance, they can keep their own doctors and those greedy insurance companies will have to kiss our butts and obey our every command.

Quit hating and come to our side where life is good. Four more years! Four more years! Four more years...

MyCancellation.com

Great website! I will send this photo out to several of my clients and friends.To bad Obama has impeachment insurance aka Joe Biden.

tumblr_mwgn2kzj9D1smcjxbo1_500.jpg

Great website! To bad Obama has impeachment insurance aka Joe Biden.

Does anyone know why some companies are cancelling plans at the end of the year and not just allowing them to cancel on their 2014 anniversary date?

In some states the end-of-year cancellation isn't a problem. But its HUGE here in IL, because the largest insurer in the state is doing it. I called the IL Dept of Insurance a few minutes ago. They say that a decision regarding enforcing, or not enforcing the cancellations, will be made by the Director soon. Maybe he's one of the Insurance Commissioners visiting with Pres Obama this afternoon.

With the holiday season about to get underway in earnest, employees at state agencies and insurers will begin entering party-mode and vacation-mode. Not good at all.
ac

Over in NY, one of our carriers is doing the end of year cancellation. May not be a huge problem state-wide, but it's a huge problem for us and our clients.

Moral of the story, their interpretation of the law was that owning a non-compliant, non grandfathered plan would generate a penalty. To boot, their rate increase requests were denied(for many consecutive quarters), and the block was doing badly. None of their plans were grandfathered, so they were all termed 12/31 regardless of anniversary.

They filed this plan of action with the state, got approved, and only realized after the fact that they were the only one in the state to make that decision. Our DFS approved it, it went through all the proper channels, it wasn't some flippant decision at the carrier.

Back