National Health Insurance Exchange

The government is the biggest money wasting body in this country. They the most inefficient systems and processes. There is no motivation for them to reduce waste, they will just raise taxes and print more money.

But I don't know what they expect to do with the healthcare system. I can't understand how they plan on improving the system by offering healthcare to everyone. The problem is in the hospitals. The hospitals charge outrageous prices and insurance companies are forced to cover their costs. If hospitals are forced to operate more efficiently, insurance companies could pass the savings to consumers. Don't be too hopeful for that though.

Share the Wealth. (Obama) = From each according to his abilities; to each according to his needs. (Marx)

Sadly the reason the hospitals charge so much is that only 30% of their patients actually pay their bills.

People should take responsibility and buy their insurance and pay their own bills but we have created a dependency culture of whiners who are unwilling to accept the consequences for their actions.

Last edited:
Share the Wealth. (Obama) = From each according to his abilities; to each according to his needs. (Marx)

Sadly the reason the hospitals charge so much is that only 30% of their patients actually pay their bills.

People should take responsibility and buy their insurance and pay their own bills but we have created a dependency culture of whiners who are unwilling to accept the consequences for their actions.

Damn tree hugging liberals. Always need to support(waste money) those that don't deserve it. If these people even cared about improving their own lives, they would help themselves rather than rely on the government to bail them out everytime they are hungry or need a place to live. Its sickening how people abuse their priveledges. Its the new american dream: live off the governments dime.

Just a month ago I thought we as health brokers were in real trouble.
I had set up meeting with both a finance agency & a PC agency. I told my wife to start looking for businesses that were for sale.

With in a month even in Congress they have changed their tune of a one payor health care system. That option is completely off of the table due to cost. Anything you hear further on this from someone in congress is nothing more than grand standing for votes.

Will we see expansion of one of the already Gov. health plans in place.............I think so.
Could we see a GI type of policy with a mandate that everyone has to have coverage.................I think so
Could we see a tax deduction for working people that cant afford their premiums.................I think so

Will we see a major reduction in what Doctors get paid for treating medicaid and medicare patients.............YES

If all of these things happen of the 45 million uninsured I think 30 million of them become new clients of the private insurance industry.
The other 15 million can go onto the Gov. plan and wait in line for health care. Sad but true!

If GI and the mandate happens and the carriers use us for those policies it could be huge.

the overhaul will take too much time and effort. I don't any one in the govt will fully committ to this. its all fluff for obama. makes him seem like he is fighting a noble cause.

I made a post a while back that all of this will be '93 all over again - meaning in the end nothing will happen.

I no longer believe that. We will see some kind of major reform take effect within 2 years. What that reform will be is anyone's guess. To assume that reform will put health agents out of business is pure speculation and not worth worrying about.

No matter what Obama says, health exchanges are surely a stalking horse to a single payer system. It will be a slow and calculated demise of the insurance industry as we know it.

I made a post a while back that all of this will be '93 all over again - meaning in the end nothing will happen.

I no longer believe that. We will see some kind of major reform take effect within 2 years. What that reform will be is anyone's guess. To assume that reform will put health agents out of business is pure speculation and not worth worrying about.

Anyone's guess, just about sums it all up.:mad:

RE "This will probably happen. The current hodge-podge of state IFP plans has zero political capital or support among the majority of voters (or at least those who make policy for the voters.) They have seen their rates go up each year and their benefits go down. They don't know why nor do they care."

Sadly this seems to be the case.

Recently the VP for the local Blue Cross affiliate said that it was probably too late for brokers to have a voice in this round of decisions.

Although in the interim we mat have a transitional part to play when they offer coverage to more people it will be at the whim of the Government. Diversification is smart!

Back