NC Blue 25% First Year Commish - What?

HealthGuy

Guru
1000 Post Club
Met a guy this last weekend who told me he earns 25% first year commission in NC selling under 65 individual Blue Cross? Granted, supposedly this guy has a big agency and is a big producer but WTF? Possible and true? Somebody give me a second opinion. This guy actually showed an interest in buying my agency as well even though I'm in another state and not licensed in NC (which is his primary home base). I mean, does Blue Cross pay anybody this much regardless of how big a swinging dick they supposedly are? HealthGuy

Who knows.

Is that one of the states the received the MLR waiver?

Blue dominates the IFP market in NC, even more than in other states. If they can't make it work no one can.

they have 3 levels based on the number of sales, standard, true blue, or presidents club... i'm pretty much going to give up on United, Humana, Cigna, Aetna, Coventry and the rest, because they just don't compete, although some of the aforementioned have some great bonus programs

they have 3 levels based on the number of sales, standard, true blue, or presidents club... i'm pretty much going to give up on United, Humana, Cigna, Aetna, Coventry and the rest, because they just don't compete, although some of the aforementioned have some great bonus programs

So they are really paying ~20-25% still? Are they still not contracting new brokers?

next yr is 23% for top producers...almost positive they still don't appoint non-res, and yes, very difficult to get appointed as a resident, and have production requirements

Back