NC Blue 25% First Year Commish - What?

next yr is 23% for top producers...almost positive they still don't appoint non-res, and yes, very difficult to get appointed as a resident, and have production requirements

Well damn...I'd give them 75-100 apps a year if they'd appoint me and give me more than 15%. What a crappy way to do business.

Is this thread what the U65 pre Obamacare looked like?

IDK my commission for my only marketplace plan, just been sticking to Medicare. I wanted to offer it and want to sell, but they are in no way competitive with BCBSOK. I would blush to sell the only other carrier against BC because its that bad. My only other option is the STM for U65.

My understanding is that BC is tight fisted with who they appoint and I can't even find the path to begin that process.

But Imagining a 20% on $12k annual sounds absolutely juicy.

Is this thread what the U65 pre Obamacare looked like?

IDK my commission for my only marketplace plan, just been sticking to Medicare. I wanted to offer it and want to sell, but they are in no way competitive with BCBSOK. I would blush to sell the only other carrier against BC because its that bad. My only other option is the STM for U65.

My understanding is that BC is tight fisted with who they appoint and I can't even find the path to begin that process.

But Imagining a 20% on $12k annual sounds absolutely juicy.

Commissions were definitely around 20% and above prior to the ACA. But you need to remember the premiums were much much lower as well.

premiums were much much lower as well.

Pre-2014 the majority of my clients were in the 35 - 45 age range. Married couple paid premiums in the $300 per month range. Couple of kids added another $100 to the premium. Average commission in the $60 to $80 per month. Seems like they were level for 3 yrs before dropping.

BX and KP paid lower commissions but level for the life of the contract. BX paid 10%, KP 12%

ACA commissions are now about $18-20/mo per belly button. (close to Med Supp)
These are level commissions typically, unlike pre ACA plans.
So, a family of 4 on ACA, can net you $80/mo or $960/yr. (Close to pre ACA commish.)
Kid only policy pays $20 for $250/mo premium. On % basis, similar to pre ACA at 8%.
Parent is $500/mo, and pays 20/mo, so about 4%.

BUT, ACA doubled my # of clients as more could get insured, and most are subsidized which make it affordable to low income. (As other agents bailed out, and the Marketplace and their reps continued to be a train wreck)

Before ACA, I could only help those in good health, and those who could afford full priced premiums at albeit lower levels than today.

Post ACA, I can now write all 4 of these groups. The sick, the healthy, the low or high income. Those in good health, and high income are the ones that screwed, hence the shift to STM plans in recent years. (priced similar to Pre ACA plans).

Back