Need GI Life Options for a Child

Seniorgirl411

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Indiana
I have a 8 year old boy that takes a small does of med for OCD. Looking for 25k life policy, but the companies I've looked at have said no. Anyone have any ideas? MOO and Gerber is a no go. I'm in Indiana. Thanks.

Your best bet is to look at the parent or grand parent and write a policy on them with a child rider that has no questions about the child.

Most company child riders will ask some questions for Standard issue policies UL/Term, etc. OCD would fall under Mental/Nervous disorders. Which for an adult is an anxiety disorder and is usually a table 2-4, or decline, depending on APS.

Transamerica will not ask any questions on the child rider for FE policies only. You are also limited to only $5k on that plan.

Look at your carriers to see if this strategy is a fit for you. Once they are on as a rider there is conversion options when they are 18.

Last edited:
Your best bet is to look at the parent or grand parent and write a policy on them with a child rider that has no questions about the child.

Most company child riders will ask some questions for Standard issue policies UL/Term, etc. OCD would fall under Mental/Nervous disorders. Which for an adult is an anxiety disorder and is usually a table 2-4, or decline, depending on APS.

Transamerica will not ask any questions on the child rider for FE policies only. You are also limited to only $5k on that plan.

Look at your carriers to see if this strategy is a fit for you. Once they are on as a rider there is conversion options when they are 18.

Excellent advice. Protective used to ask next to zero questions. If you used the faxed short app they called and did a phi so they were the ones not asking. Up to $20,000.00 convertible to $100,000. 00 at age 25. I am sure there are other companies still available for something like that.

I have a 8 year old boy that takes a small does of med for OCD. Looking for 25k life policy, but the companies I've looked at have said no. Anyone have any ideas? MOO and Gerber is a no go. I'm in Indiana. Thanks.

I have a number of companies in Indiana that you can write him with. Just contact me through the phone number on my website if you want to talk. If you are in Southern Indiana I can meet with you in person. I'm in Evansville.

I just sent you a private message with my contact info. There are some companies that would take him, based upon the info. you shared. Fee free to contact.

You are talking to the wrong companies. There are many. many companies that would take this child with immediate coverage.

RNA is $22/mo for $25,000 face 20 pay.

RNA would most likely rate or decline a child with Anxiety issues and medicated. Not usually a risk they would take at a standard rate.

Then tell that to the dozens that I've writen and issued in the same situation.

Seems at least half the kids I write anymore are on something for ADHD, OCD or ADD. Can't remember ever having a problem with RNA on them.

Then tell that to the dozens that I've writen and issued in the same situation.

Seems at least half the kids I write anymore are on something for ADHD, OCD or ADD. Can't remember ever having a problem with RNA on them.

I agree, ADHD and ADD no problem. I have not had one OCD case go through with them yet. Meds are usually different and stronger. So it is still case by case.

Here we go again.. SETTLERS.. The only questions they have on mental conditions is Bipolar and Schizophrenia and the Silver plan doesn't even ask about those. However, if RNA will take him, their rate would be much lower..

Back