Need Help

newagentnc

I joined NAA about 2 weeks ago. After spending a butt-load of money to go to a "rah-rah" convention rather than the training convention I thought it would be....discover that I am driving all over the place on leads that are 3 years old. And getting yelled at by my upline for not closing!

Anyway...I am researching other options. Anyone know if I will have contract issues with NAA?

I am brand new to the business and need some input as to what is the best way to go? I am 100% looking for a position that I can work from home, over the phone. This is not due to laziness, but more my lifestyle (I travel all the time) and this is the only model that will work for me.

I have an offer from Senior Life Insurance Company - I haven't started researching them yet, so if anyone has info/opinions on them I'd love to hear that as well.

Any and all advice/input is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I joined NAA about 2 weeks ago. After spending a butt-load of money to go to a "rah-rah" convention rather than the training convention I thought it would be....discover that I am driving all over the place on leads that are 3 years old. And getting yelled at by my upline for not closing!

Anyway...I am researching other options. Anyone know if I will have contract issues with NAA?

I am brand new to the business and need some input as to what is the best way to go? I am 100% looking for a position that I can work from home, over the phone. This is not due to laziness, but more my lifestyle (I travel all the time) and this is the only model that will work for me.

I have an offer from Senior Life Insurance Company - I haven't started researching them yet, so if anyone has info/opinions on them I'd love to hear that as well.

NAA to Senior Life, kinda like going from the frying pan to the fire, or vice versa. There are plenty of threads on here that will tell you how to make 100k at home in your underwear, I would suggest you do a little looking.. If you are willing to work, there are plenty of folks on here that can lead you down the right path.

Look through the forums. There are people that do direct marketing and sell by phone, others will tell you to go F2F and get referrals. All are right, but not all is right for you.

If you want a higher contract, sales training, and no pressure to produce there are several of us on here, myself included, that would happily contract you. If you don't mind putting up with cold calling I can get you cold calling lists at no cost if you contract and produce just about anything with me.

You could also join iliaa.org and get help from Nick who can give you an independent perspective on what options you have available.

You need to get with an organization that offers training. It's almost an impossible situation to learn this business from the getgo with phone sales. Even the few that are sucessful on the phone learned the business in the trenches at first.

My experience with NAA was different that your's. I did get excellent training and support. Not from the conventions, they were always rah-rah meetings. The training came from my direct up-line manager and the networking from attending the monthly meetings that he held.

This business is hard work. Marketers will tell you differently. Find someone that will train you. You will have to pay for the training. Either directly or through commissions.

The first thing you need to do if you have not done it is break out your agent agreement and give it a good read. Are you under any type of noncompete. Have you contracted with any carriers yet?

The first thing you need to do if you have not done it is break out your agent agreement and give it a good read. Are you under any type of noncompete. Have you contracted with any carriers yet?

The non-compete if there is one is worthless in a NAA contract...That part that would hurt possibly would be if they restricted you from recontracting with the carriers...but even there I can't see that being that big of an issue...

You need to get with an organization that offers training. It's almost an impossible situation to learn this business from the getgo with phone sales. Even the few that are sucessful on the phone learned the business in the trenches at first.

X2!

Selling by phone eats greatly into the persistency rate of your sales. This is true whether you are a seasoned agent or not. Chargebacks are not your friend!

Thanks everyone for your input. I wish I would have researched better. I have definitely decided against Senior Life - after doing research on them!!

Todd - I have no choice - I have to have a strictly work from home situation because I am still full time employed at my current job. I do not live in one place, I travel 100% of the time, so building face to face business is impossible for me. I am going to take my pay as earned to avoid chargeback situation. This is meant to be a source of a good second income for me for now - hopefully to replace my current job within a year.

I did join the suggested site and replied to some ads there and do have a potential situation available to me.

One other question - can anyone recommend a legitimate lead source?

Back