• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Need Help

I am a newly licensed life agent, and today I had a client ask me something about which I have no clue. She will soon be going on maternity leave (state of California) and the state pays 60 percent of her income, and she wants to substitute the other 40. What type of insurance can she buy to help her with this? Your reply is appreciated.

So, she knows she is soon going to be missing 40% of her income and wants to purchase something to replace it. How much should she pay for this?

As a life agent, perhaps you can better understand this example.

A client has been diagnosed with a life expectancy of 4 weeks. He wants to purchase $10 million in life insurance payable in full upon his death from any cause. How much should he pay for this coverage?

I presume she's pregnant now? If so, the answer is not much. She could have played the Aflac game a little while ago, but we're well passed that now. Even at that, her making up the 40% is something that would have required a relatively expensive DI policy if that would have even worked out.

This is the equivalent of someone wanting car insurance to fix the car they wrecked last week.

Josh said:
I presume she's pregnant now? If so, the answer is not much. She could have played the Aflac game a little while ago, but we're well passed that now. Even at that, her making up the 40% is something that would have required a relatively expensive DI policy if that would have even worked out.

This is the equivalent of someone wanting car insurance to fix the car they wrecked last week.

I don't know if she's pregnant. What is the Aflac game?

I don't know if she's pregnant. What is the Aflac game?

What are some other reasons for "maternity leave"??:D

Yesterday i tore up my lawnmower. If you find a company that will insure this lady at a decent price could you send them my way. I would like to get insurance on that mower.

VolAgent said:
So, she knows she is soon going to be missing 40% of her income and wants to purchase something to replace it. How much should she pay for this?

As a life agent, perhaps you can better understand this example.

A client has been diagnosed with a life expectancy of 4 weeks. He wants to purchase $10 million in life insurance payable in full upon his death from any cause. How much should he pay for this coverage?

I don't think this is a relevant example.

You guys are skeptics. This is the age of Obamacare!

It's all good now.

As an agent in this business, you will have to learn to identify who is wasting your time and energy so you can have time for better business pursuits and family. This situation is a good example that it is time to move on.

superfly33 said:
As an agent in this business, you will have to learn to identify who is wasting your time and energy so you can have time for better business pursuits and family. This situation is a good example that it is time to move on.

This person happens to be a relative of mine. I am trying to help her as best as I can.

Back