Need to Be More Smarter, Help

So I started selling life insurance at the beginning of the year through American Income Life, which was a captive company. I just recently moved to an independent agency because I liked the idea of getting paid.

I am learning, however, that I've got a lot to learn about life insurance, how it interacts and compares to various retirement accounts, methods of determining amounts, etc. Is there some website/book/guru/insurance god I can appeal to to start learning more?

I've got people I can talk to, but I feel like there's a depth of knowledge I'm missing and I'm not sure where to start.

So, where should I start for an actual education about life insurance, not just education about how to sell it?

You could also restudy your state license handbook, assuming your state has one. The one in FL is as thick as my, umm.....little finger.

An english 101 class might be a good place to become "more smarter"...

If you would like to become more educated on how life insurance works then DHK gave you some excellent resources.

Spending an hour per night reading the life and indexed life sections of this forum will provide a tremendous amount of info as well. You will have to look at old posts, and shift through the bs to find the gold... but it is there if you look. There are some highly technical posts about life insurance on this forum.

Another good resource is http://theinsuranceproblog.com

Back