NetQuote and Bankrate

Lend.com is finally launching. Agents can create their profiles and use the site for a 30 day trial. We match consumers looking for insurance to your profile.
Lend

any questions feel free to reach out [email protected]

You know, I wasn't going to chime in on this one, because I don't want to sound like a shill, but for crying out loud, if you're considering internet leads, talk to Bob K at Home Town Quotes.

Now this may sound strange as an endorsement, but EVERY leads vendor has problems, it can't be helped. s hit happens. The question is "how do they deal with it?" It seems 95% of the complaints about lead vendors deal with how they handle the bad things. Every Vendor has bad things that happen, not every vendor pisses you off in how they deal with them.

I have had my days where HTQ raises my blood pressure, but I have to honestly say, HTQ by far and away, has done the most to make me happy. That's not always easy to do, as I can be a pain in the a ss.

Is the internet lead business always sunshine and lollipops with HTQs? No, they have the same things happen that others have had happen. Some things in the internet lead business can't be avoided, IT's how they deal with them that has made me stick with them a very long time.

Because it isn't about when things are going good, cause when things are going good, no matter who you're with it's gravy. It's when things aren't going good, do they help or hurt you when it comes to fairness. It's when you get five bad leads in a row, do you get credits or is everyone a cat fight? I've just found HTQ to be the most reasonable out there.

It's your money being spent. If somebody is a constant headache to deal with, why are you there? I haven't dealt with Netquote in a decade. I see no reason to knock on their doors. They were a pain in the a ss then, and it just looks like nothing's changed.

You know, I wasn't going to chime in on this one, because I don't want to sound like a shill, but for crying out loud, if you're considering internet leads, talk to Bob K at Home Town Quotes.

Now this may sound strange as an endorsement, but EVERY leads vendor has problems, it can't be helped. s hit happens. The question is "how do they deal with it?" It seems 95% of the complaints about lead vendors deal with how they handle the bad things. Every Vendor has bad things that happen, not every vendor pisses you off in how they deal with them.

I have had my days where HTQ raises my blood pressure, but I have to honestly say, HTQ by far and away, has done the most to make me happy. That's not always easy to do, as I can be a pain in the a ss.

Is the internet lead business always sunshine and lollipops with HTQs? No, they have the same things happen that others have had happen. Some things in the internet lead business can't be avoided, IT's how they deal with them that has made me stick with them a very long time.

Because it isn't about when things are going good, cause when things are going good, no matter who you're with it's gravy. It's when things aren't going good, do they help or hurt you when it comes to fairness. It's when you get five bad leads in a row, do you get credits or is everyone a cat fight? I've just found HTQ to be the most reasonable out there.

It's your money being spent. If somebody is a constant headache to deal with, why are you there? I haven't dealt with Netquote in a decade. I see no reason to knock on their doors. They were a pain in the a ss then, and it just looks like nothing's changed.

Thanks! Can you Enlighten us on HTQ and some of your closing numbers. Such as closing percentage and conversion percent.

You are right, there are MANY lead generation companies out there. How do you feel HTQ matches up for your bang for your buck with the other companies out there.

Thanks!

Try several lead companies. Each lead company has customers who had a miserable experience and good experience.

I have tried them all (including HTQ), although it's been a while. If you want an unbiased opinion email me at chumpsfromoxford at gmail dot com.

Steve Sanders
Sanders Insurance Services
Naperville Il.

"Thanks! Can you Enlighten us on HTQ and some of your closing numbers. Such as closing percentage and conversion percent."

Actually kind of hard to do. For example last week, closed a deal that was 4 years in the making. Finishing touches on one that is two years old. Got the OK from one that came last year... Just had one issued that we started talking about 2 years ago.

That's been "normal" for the leads I've contacted. I don't really have a cut off point to figure roi as the only way I cut them off, is when they me to f-off..

Is it worth my while? Yea, still is. When it's not, I'll stop. I have done this long enough to know the math and how one sale can effect it. I have had one policy sale pay for the entire year's cost of using HTQs with money left over. I've also had years where 50% don't make it out of underwriting because they lied about their health. So it becomes hard to apply some sort of metric to this as for me, it becomes another "busy" thing to do in our business.

Again don't know if I help or hurt with this answer, I just don't bother with those metrics because one sale or decline turns over the cart. Sales are also a very individual thing. Maybe I close better than you, maybe you close better than me? How do we figure that math?

My main point of emphasis in my post was how I fell HTQ deals with bad leads that happen to all of them. If you've done internet leads for any length of time, with anybody out there, there's going to be bad leads. I think they are the best in the business in crediting you if the lead is legitimately bad. Nothing sucks more then getting a bad lead, requesting a credit and having to argue the reasons why it is a bad lead.

That said, an agent who doesn't call, doesn't research the lead and then turns it in as bad because they aren't getting around to contacting the lead, doesn't deserve credit. There is not a button that requests a credit for not getting around to it.

I don't spend a lot of time figuring what works and what doesn't on a calculator or spread sheet. I go hands on for a certain period of time. My bank account will provide the answer ultimately. I know agents who analyze themselves right out of the business. For agents, this is still a "doing" business. If you aren't willing to "do", you usually won't be here long.

Let me just add for those who see "4 years, 2 years, 6 months, a year. Some actually turn quicker, but what I have found is the people that take a little time say 60 days plus from first contact, stay on the books and make it through underwriting. I have never had, even with other vendors besides HTQs anybody stick who buys in less than a week.

There's a reason they want coverage right now, and usually it's not good and it comes out in underwriting. So if you're going to do internet leads, understand it takes a while for good business to come from it. As good clients take a little time to think it over, ask questions and get rolling. Problems come from the "yea yea sure sure, give me the app, when can we get started?" I've had those and they've always turned out to be trouble.

Last edited:
I've had the same experience with Netquote, not worth at all, they are now offering live lead transfer, which are not worth it either, they talk to the prospect and set up an appointment for you to call them back another day for them not to answer the phone, total waste of money and time, would not use ever again.

I received 15 free leads. Spoke with 8. Closed Three. :nah: they were 20 bucks a pop after this trial offer. .... Waiting......

The last 10 leads for commercial suck. I quoted 3. Could not reach the other seven. Trying to close 1 this week. Lost monies this time. :no:

NetQuote recently rolled out a product called LiveLead... they put consumer on the phone with the agent. Its a way to have a higher connect rate and higher ROI. I'd recommend that people check out the lead warm transfer service.

Back