NetQuote - Oops, I Did It Again!

G

I have purchased leads from the internet before and every single time I've done it I swore I'd never do it again. But business has been slow and I needed a little shot in the arm, when I just happen to come across Netquote.

Now I've heard of them and know that they are one of the biggest (or most marketed) players in the game. I was checking out their site when I saw a banner ad that said that they would give you the first 20 leads for free. I jumped on it. I mean, hey, why not?

I called the 800# and the guy said to give him my credit card number, he'd charge $100 on it, and I'd start getting my leads. Nothing would be deducted from my balance until after the 20th lead. If I decided to cancel before my 21st lead I'd get all my money back. Sounded like a good deal to me.

I started getting my leads.

Here I am 2 weeks later and I'm on my 18th lead. The leads are.... crap. I'm not an amateur when it comes to working leads, I know how to do it. But these leads are just crap. Most of the phone numbers do not work. When they do work no one answers. I've tried calling in the morning, afternoon, evening, from my cell phone, office phone, home phone.

Finally in the last 2 days I've hit a hot streak and caught three people on the phone.

First guy, said he went on the internet to shop for insurance 2 months ago, which is when he decided to go with SF. He's 2 months into a 6 month term, he has no reason to shop until the term is up. He said that he's gotten calls from 3 or 4 agents that day, he didn't understand why people were calling him.

Next person. She said the same thing. She went online last month when she bought her car and was looking at quotes. She found someone to go with and she hasn't shopped since.

Third guy. I got the email/text message at 10:02am. I called him at 10:05am. He said I was the 4th agent to call him today. He also stated that he went online over a month ago and shopped around and decided to go with AAA. He went ahead and let me get his x-date, so I'll follow up with him in May.

Also... Netquote guaranteed me that they wouldn't be sharing the leads I get with any other agents that are captive with the same carrier I am. However, they were open that the leads would be given to 4 other agents. Turns out the other agent in town, who is captive with the same company as me, is getting the same leads.

I'm really done this time. I'm convinced that all lead companies lie. But I wanted to post my experience for some of the new guys or people who are always asking about Netquote.

So far so good for me. However, I am getting Life Insurance leads. Are they great? NO...but so far I got two sales out of 44 leads. At $3.5 per lead its not a bad deal. I usually try and get on them soon and only had a couple out of 40 so far that said an agent already contacted them and not interested. Most of the time you are dialing and trying to get a live person. That part blows, but for the price its not a bad deal at all. If you don't rely on these totally I think its a great add on to your lead program.

All imho.

gordon112 said:
So far so good for me. However, I am getting Life Insurance leads. Are they great? NO...but so far I got two sales out of 44 leads. At $3.5 per lead its not a bad deal. I usually try and get on them soon and only had a couple out of 40 so far that said an agent already contacted them and not interested. Most of the time you are dialing and trying to get a live person. That part blows, but for the price its not a bad deal at all. If you don't rely on these totally I think its a great add on to your lead program.

All imho.

Interesting. I didn't think about getting a life lead and trying to cross sell to auto. How often do you get them? What's the population of the area you are getting leads for?

Interesting. I didn't think about getting a life lead and trying to cross sell to auto. How often do you get them? What's the population of the area you are getting leads for?

I am getting about 2 a day on avg. You can add as many counties as you want. I am just doing 3 counties near me but might open it up to more. The areas I am working are high population areas. (Greater Tampa area).

i have never had good luck w/ auto and homeowner leads either they are old bogus or tell me they never requested a quote most of them, if nothing else, are x dates im not sure if it was net quotes or whatever company they are all the same i am now looking for final expense leads that are legit i will never buy internet leads again

we all know about netquote...theres nothing we can do. agents are going to buy them, some agents are going to convert because of their sales skills and netquote is going to stay in business....we have to stop giving them free exposure by even mentioning their name. call 100 people you're going to write one policy, no matter where you get the leads from.

i have never had good luck w/ auto and homeowner leads either they are old bogus or tell me they never requested a quote most of them, if nothing else, are x dates im not sure if it was net quotes or whatever company they are all the same i am now looking for final expense leads that are legit i will never buy internet leads again

Internet leads do suck for the most part. I just couldn't resist the price. At this cost its only adding about 150/M in lead cost and if I can add just 2 sales for my time on these a month, its worth it. That is about 6X return. What gets you in trouble is when they cost $15 a piece or better yet $25.....they say exclusive to you , inbound to there sites and all this ..too many agents got burned with these and are still not worth a dime imho....better off getting in your car and knocking on doors.

For P&C we have had pretty good luck with Internet leads. There will always be people here who need help with their homeowners insurance in Florida....things are always changing. There can be some hidden gems. It isn't the most glamorous way to get business but it works. We are happy if we can make a little bit of money after we pay the producer.

For P&C we have had pretty good luck with Internet leads. There will always be people here who need help with their homeowners insurance in Florida....things are always changing. There can be some hidden gems. It isn't the most glamorous way to get business but it works. We are happy if we can make a little bit of money after we pay the producer.

How are you generating those net leads? Are you paying a lead company for them or are you getting them on your own site(s)?

Back