New ACA SEP Announced!

Carriers are NOW making money on ACA. Most have committed to paying, some will offer new bonuses. Most lib states already have long enrollment periods, so they are used to it.

Who will it hurt? the agent. I never was asked if I wanted to work the next 7 of 11 months. And....they are letting existing clients change carriers, plans, and possibly the agent AOR on policy. Scrupulous agents out there.

I just finished 120 days of hell, and now they will spam my clients to death causing mass confusion. Herding cats again.

Carriers are NOW making money on ACA. Most have committed to paying, some will offer new bonuses. Most lib states already have long enrollment periods, so they are used to it.

Who will it hurt? the agent. I never was asked if I wanted to work the next 7 of 11 months. And....they are letting existing clients change carriers, plans, and possibly the agent AOR on policy. Scrupulous agents out there.

I just finished 120 days of hell, and now they will spam my clients to death causing mass confusion. Herding cats again.

Completely agree with you. I am completely and utterly burned out, with everything going on in the world, and with the open enrollments.

Now I get to field an army of calls asking stupid questions because of the million emails that they send these people. Oh joy.

I mean, why even have enrollment periods anymore? What’s the point? Damn-near the entire year is basically one big open enrollment anyway with Medicare AEP, OEP, Marketplace AEP, and the million unnecessary SEP’s they’ll be giving from now until the end of time, due to the “pandemic.”

Americans impacted by the ongoing pandemic will have another opportunity to enroll in a health insurance plan.

Isn't it basically just everybody now? I know they were saying that it would be people impacted by the ongoing pandemic at first. But I see no limitation on healthcare.gov. How could they prove that you haven't been "impacted" anyway?

Biden said he is trying to go back to how it was before Trump took office. What was the cutoff then? 2/15? I didn't know if cutting the enrollment period down to 12/15 was a Trump thing or if it was already planned. He's saying that it was specifically a Trump thing.

Last edited:
Biden said he is trying to go back to how it was before Trump took office. What was the cutoff then? 2/15? I didn't know if cutting the enrollment period down to 12/15 was a Trump thing or if it was already planned. He's saying that it was specifically a Trump thing.

I wasn't aware that missive came from Biden's office, but that would not be true. I've been doing the ACA since its inception, and the cut off was 1/31 the las year Obama was in office.

I wonder if or when they will remove the female and male gender boxes on the app?

Its not like doctors need to know

Back