New Agency Contracting

FLAgent288

Hello everyone,
I have recently applied for and received my agency license in Florida. After a couple bad run ins with other agents in the Health and Life industry, I finally broke down and decided to do it. I have worked with Independent agents in Florida and Arkansas before. So I have a good idea of how to RUN a business, but not sure about getting contracted. My agents handled that without me. Do I need to have an already existing book of business to get appointed? Also, does anyone in FL know if Florida Blue is a Captive agents only company? I would really hate for my clients to suffer from that because I deal with Medicare Supplement insurance and with a lot of people on limited incomes. Though I do have leads that are wanting life insurance and I'm still working on getting appointed and contracted. Words of wisdom anyone?
Thank you

Hello everyone,
I have recently applied for and received my agency license in Florida. After a couple bad run ins with other agents in the Health and Life industry, I finally broke down and decided to do it. I have worked with Independent agents in Florida and Arkansas before. So I have a good idea of how to RUN a business, but not sure about getting contracted. My agents handled that without me. Do I need to have an already existing book of business to get appointed? Also, does anyone in FL know if Florida Blue is a Captive agents only company? I would really hate for my clients to suffer from that because I deal with Medicare Supplement insurance and with a lot of people on limited incomes. Though I do have leads that are wanting life insurance and I'm still working on getting appointed and contracted. Words of wisdom anyone?
Thank you

Who are you going through, meaning, who is your upline. They should easily be able to explain how this is done.

Sounds like there is no up line...? Like you have worked with agents before and decided to go get your license and now are looking to get contracted...? Is that correct?

Back