New Agent Advice -Life

joannna

I would like to start to make the minimun of $1k a week .. when I first get my license. Selling insurance will be my only income for a while therefore I need a quick jump start. *iam in california

1.How long is the process of becoming an Agent
- Im doing my 52 hrs and will take the test within 1 month.

2.How would I best achieve my goal ..independent or under commision ?

3. What are some recommend companies to look into ?

4. Any good advice for a new agent in the feild?

-Thank You

I would call Brad Aden at 360 financial. He's a good guy and gives great contracts with most of the big carriers. He can also help you get your E&O coverage with Foresters. 314-821-0582

I agree with contacting Brad Aden but if you wish, email your phone number to me.

Since I'm in CA, I might be able to give you some help.

Rick

It sounds like you are brand new... or not even brand new YET. In addition to the other fine suggestions, you might consider the usual companies that still train new reps from the ground up, such as Met, Northwestern, NY Life, a few of the bigger Fraternals (Modern Woodmen, Thrivent, etc). These companies can even help you decide if you should even consider the life insurance industry. Good luck.

Welcome, The industry needs more females.

I am in California as well. If I can be of help, let me know. I am not a recruiter or trainer, but been around for a while.

There are some really sharp agents here. I do not claim to be one of them, But like helping new agents.

One piece of advise, do not discount the value of doing joint work with an agent in your area. 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

How much money are you going to invest to make $1,000 a week?

I don't beleive this is a get rich quick job. I guess it depends on the person, but have a back up plan.

I agree that Brad Aden is a good place to call.

But I smell some desperation in your post about NEEDING to make $1,000 per week right away and I assume that is without $300 to $500 per week to invest in leads.

It's VERY rough to start up totally independent with no knowledge and no client base with a lack of funds.

Be careful that your goals are realistic.

Back