New Agent Looking for E&O Provided by the State?

Hello,

I am a new agent looking to obtain some E & O that is provided by the State of Missouri. Does anyone have any experience getting coverage by the state that they are from? I will primarily be writting P & C coverage...Thanks, your help is appreciated:err:

Hello,

I am a new agent looking to obtain some E & O that is provided by the State of Missouri. Does anyone have any experience getting coverage by the state that they are from? I will primarily be writting P & C coverage...Thanks, your help is appreciated:err:

Never heard of any E&O provided by a state!??

What are you talking about? DO you really think the states gives you free E and O Insurance? Have you been listening to Obama again??

I think that my question was interpreted the wrong way. I was told by Utica (after my application for E&O was denied) something about obtaining E&O through my state. Consequently, that made me confused on the subject so I attempted to start this thread on the subject...I was thinking perhaps an agent could purchase E&O through his/her department of insurance?

Anywho, I am at standstill in my start up process. I have a business plan, business license, FEIN, have registered my fict. name, etc. etc. I just really need to find some E&O for a start up agent...I plan on doing this from home, and would really appreciate any help with some names of companies providing E & O for a P & C agent...THANKS

Danberry said- "Anywho, I am at standstill in my start up process. I have a business plan, business license, FEIN, have registered my fict. name, etc. etc. I just really need to find some E&O for a start up agent...I plan on doing this from home, and would really appreciate any help with some names of companies providing E & O for a P & C agent...THANKS"
================================================

I dont know about P&C. But I do know of MGA's and FMO's that will cover you for life and health under their Blanket E & O plans and it wont cost you a dime.

There are not many carriers for startup P&C E&O, unfortunately. Also, just so you know, it will probably cost you between $3500 and $4000 a year, once you find it, providing everything is clean. It might be higher if you are working under a DBA, not sure, I've never figured out the rating factors for E&O for insurance people.

If you search the board, you'll find what you seek. New Agent needs help with E&O
Ignore all the posting about what people pay for life and health E&O. Those don't apply for the P&C agent. This will point you to Cal-surance.

Dan

I just went through the same E&O issue a few months ago. I think when they say go to the state they mean Missouri Association of Insurance Agents
your independent association and try to obtain it through them. I tried doing this in PA but they required 3 years of insurance experience.
I also tried Rockwood with no success. I would find a MGA that writes with Colony Insurance. That was my only avenue. It cost me over $3.

Back