New Enrollment Numbers

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
And the numbers are..................drum roll please. I have so many comments, don't know where to begin.

Nearly A Quarter Of Health Marketplace Enrollees Are Young Adults - Kaiser Health News

Obamacare enrollment lagging so far among much-needed young adults

The officials announced:
-- About 60 percent of people buying policies on the marketplaces chose a silver plan, 20 percent bought bronze, 13 percent bought gold and 7 percent bought platinum. Policies run from platinum as the most expensive, followed by gold, silver and bronze, the lowest tier. The higher the metal tier, the higher the monthly premium but the lower the copays and deductibles.
--Only about 1 percent of people chose a catastrophic plan which required enrollees to pay much of their medical costs up to a certain amount. Catastrophic plans are available for people under age 30, those with a financial hardship or those who have had their insurance policy canceled.
--About 80 percent of those buying a plan qualified for a financial subsidy.
-- Women were more likely to purchase plans on the exchange with only 46 percent of enrollees being male. Administration officials say they hope to enroll more men.
--The top five states for enrollment are California (498,794), Florida (158,030), New York (156,902), Texas (118,532) and North Carolina (107,778).

It will be interesting to see how many people will pay their premium. Connecticut announced today that only 2% of all enrollees have paid the first month's premium. The Exchange honchos are very frustrated.
ac

well my office has about a 100. however we probably created 1000 accounts to get that 100 because of the website problems. Most of the 100 have at least 3 accounts and new email address. If other agency's did the same things that I had to do to get policies issued it would figure only 10% of account opened are legitimate. Christ I opened 3 on myself to see how the process works. I received 3 different answers. I received $200 month subsidy, $300 month subsidy, and Medicaid eligible. with that said I know I don't qualify for anything

And the numbers are..................drum roll please. I have so many comments, don't know where to begin.

Nearly A Quarter Of Health Marketplace Enrollees Are Young Adults - Kaiser Health News

Obamacare enrollment lagging so far among much-needed young adults

The officials announced:
-- About 60 percent of people buying policies on the marketplaces chose a silver plan, 20 percent bought bronze, 13 percent bought gold and 7 percent bought platinum. Policies run from platinum as the most expensive, followed by gold, silver and bronze, the lowest tier. The higher the metal tier, the higher the monthly premium but the lower the copays and deductibles.
--Only about 1 percent of people chose a catastrophic plan which required enrollees to pay much of their medical costs up to a certain amount. Catastrophic plans are available for people under age 30, those with a financial hardship or those who have had their insurance policy canceled.
--About 80 percent of those buying a plan qualified for a financial subsidy.
-- Women were more likely to purchase plans on the exchange with only 46 percent of enrollees being male. Administration officials say they hope to enroll more men.
--The top five states for enrollment are California (498,794), Florida (158,030), New York (156,902), Texas (118,532) and North Carolina (107,778).

So we (taxpayers) now have to pay a portion of 1,760,000 monthly premiums.

What is the average subsidy?

Average Subsidy x 1,700,000 x 12 = borrowing money to pay for the amount of green ink required to print the money?

Sure. Sounds good. No problem.

:skeptical: :mad:

The next thing to watch will be to see if the subsidy money actually gets from the government to the insurance companies for application against those premiums .. . .I'm sure that won't present any problems since there's no mechanized system in place to do that & the government has told the companies to "send them a bill" . . . .

Connecticut announced today that only 2% of all enrollees have paid the first month's premium.

Got a link on that? Not doubting you, but would like to use that as a blogpost.

Happy 4000 post day to me!! Just 1k more to join that exclusive club. I'm catching up to yah Bobby
-------------
So, it seems to me, the state sites that had the most problems, have the highest % of conversion, and vice versa.

probably means that after spending days/weeks trying to get through, when they did, they jumped on a plan in case they got kicked out again. And of course those that spent that much time, are probably high utilizers.

Compared to the sites that do work, just a lot of window shopping.

States race to convert approvals | LifeHealthPro

Back