New Enrollment Numbers

It's a really weak estimate, but I haven't seen an official one, so...

Subsidy is available between $15,280 and $45,960, $29,270 average. About $100/month subsidy depending on the state at that income average.

Makes the math really easy, $170,000,000.00x12= $2,040,000,000.00

About 2 billion per year, which seems really low considering how much other parts of this have cost so far.

Russell,

That's good info, but keep in mind, it doesn't extrapolate too well (really, not much of this does). Argument's sake, in NY, at $16,000 you get a $322 subsidy. $366 isn't even possible due to how cheap our reference silver is, and that pricing isn't unique. I was being very conservative in my estimate, but the truth is probably somewhere between our numbers.

There are some notable exceptions, like those spots with $700+ silver plans (*cough* Mississippi *cough*), but I don't think the nationwide average will be as high as $366. I'd hazard the guess it's somewhere in the $250-$300/mo ballpark, but that data will be out soon enough.

Obviously mine is from those I wrote. Most will be older people. I wrote very few families because of the kids being sent to Medicaid or NC Healthchoice. Did not want to deal with the trouble that will become. I focused on those 50 and older. So my subsidies are likely higher than average. The total amount of subsidy from just those I wrote is very high. I cannot imagine what this will be nationwide.

Finished one today, Silver Enhanced....$700 MOOP with $0.25/month premium ($600 subsidy). Client was previously on an HSA with $2,700 deductible and $200+ premium. Income was just above 100% FPL.

Last edited:
3 million have signed up so far.

Get This!

In Washington state, one of the few exchanges that does collect premium payments, slightly fewer than half of shoppers who selected a plan have sent a premium payment to that insurer: 67,200 paid customers versus 72,636 still awaiting payment.:D

3 million people have signed up for private health insurance through marketplaces - The Washington Post

Compare that to the 99% of my Off Exchange applicants who paid their premiums (1 is left but it was a List Bill and will be paid shortly) and it's a pretty good indication of where agents should focus their attention if they want to get paid.

How many were previously insured? How many came from risk pools or PCIP?

Virtually everyone was previously insured, I don't work with the previously uninsured unless they recently had coverage. I usually don't follow up with the uninsured beyond a first call and that usually makes them go away.

I think 4 were on PCIP, a bunch had single person group plans or very old grandfathered plans where the rates were skyhigh.

Everyone of them got either much better benefits or a lower rate, many got both.

My whole point is that there are plenty of people like this out there, an agent is far better off focusing their marketing efforts on a bigger case where you know you will get paid than chasing low income people with no insurance where there is no guarantee that you will get paid in a timely fashion.

Back