New Immigrant ACA premium eligibility

myemail07039

Hello

Would new immigrants (husband and wife) to the country (green card holders) who are both 65+ and not employed/retired be eligible for ACA premium subsidies?
Some specifics:
- Their retirement income would put them below poverty guidelines
- They are not eligible for Medicare or Medicaid
- They are evaluating whether to settle in NJ or Texas.
- They have pre-existing conditions

Is there another kind of affordable health insurance they should be considering other than ACA (e.g shared health ministries etc)?

thanks

Additionally will such a subsidy (if they were eligible) be considered public charge and would be a concern if they want to apply for citizenship? Similarly will getting such a subsidy conflict with the obligation that their immigration sponsor signed up for in order to support them?

Sorry that’s freakin ridiculous a green card holder can get premium subsides. I dislike Trump but on foreigners he was right . Unless they show 5 yrs of savings to buy health insurance they shouldn’t be allowed in country . Damn Biden’s creating a welfare state were nobody will ever go to work .

Apologies for the delay in responding - they are permanent residents (family sponsored green card).

Check your Private message

Sorry that’s freakin ridiculous a green card holder can get premium subsides. I dislike Trump but on foreigners he was right . Unless they show 5 yrs of savings to buy health insurance they shouldn’t be allowed in country . Damn Biden’s creating a welfare state were nobody will ever go to work .

Wait till Medicare for all lol

Will never happen . Inflation is about to go vertical as the fed and congress have unleashed the genie out of the bottle with $8 trillion of confetti printing . Medicare for all will bankrupt the country .

Last edited:
I received the same call from a referral from the marketplace but for Illinois. I wonder if this is some secret shopper call to see how agents handle this.

Latest posts

Back