New Insurance Broker Looking For Tips From Experienced Brokers

Ryan McNulty

I just recently shifted my career path from the legal industry into insurance, and was hoping to get some tips from some of the experienced brokers here!

I have just started my new career as a junior employee benefits broker and I am incredibly excited to start this new journey! I will be primarily working with clients who are looking to build benefits packages for their employees as well as working alongside other brokers during open enrollment.

I wanted to get some insight into how I can best serve and consult my clients when choosing a benefits package that best suits their needs.

Any information and or literature from experienced brokers would be very helpful!

Thank you in advance!

Anybody can learn benefits, that is the easy part. Learning the business from from a successful mentor can be of great help. I would focus on; developing and implementing a plan, how to prospect, and understanding how and why buyers make a decision. You used the term “consult” earlier, not all of your interactions will be consultative. Some may be as simple as cost. I have been in the group benefits space for 40 years and cannot see myself doing anything else. Good luck with your journey.

Back