New Jersey P&C Referral Questions

ZenSamurai

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
New York
I'm a life and health guy and wanted to ask how I would go about doing a referral business with a P&C guy. I've never done it but today I met with a guy who only wanted insurance for his trucks as he has his own trucking company. I may end up doing his life insurance policy but he is more so looking for somebody to help him with auto insurance for his trucks.

I also have another lady that told me she pays a lot for her car/home insurance.

How would I go about creating a referral business with a P&C guy??

Zen, you're at a disadvantage for the most part in that relationship. Most likely the P&C guy will be writing Life as well. Also, in order to legally receive any compensation, you would need your P&C license or the agent needs to be paying for EVERY referral, not just the ones that sign up. Otherwise it's considered a kick-back and is a no-no. I'm sure it happens though.

However, you could get some great health leads possibly. Having a good relationship with a competent P&C agent would be nice in that if you refer the P&C business, the agent doesn't touch your life/health policies with said client. I wrote a Life, Health, Dental, Vision, and Medicare agent's BOP this week. I won't send her any life quotes, but she's first on my list for the others. Nor will I touch any of her life policies if she send me P&C referrals. We don't exchange any compensation though. Just helping each other out.

I am a PNC guy licensed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey who specifically does not have a health license, was a decision I made years ago because I choose to work with Life folks feel free to drop me a note I'll be glad to help. In personal lines you cannot pay based on performance, however I have a great legal team and we crafted a legal way for you to earn additional money. Call me and let's see if we can come to terms

Bobby Maurone 267-303-4590

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

I'm a life and health guy and wanted to ask how I would go about doing a referral business with a P&C guy. I've never done it but today I met with a guy who only wanted insurance for his trucks as he has his own trucking company. I may end up doing his life insurance policy but he is more so looking for somebody to help him with auto insurance for his trucks. I also have another lady that told me she pays a lot for her car/home insurance. How would I go about creating a referral business with a P&C guy??

Lets talk. I am a new jersey p&c broker.

I can be of some assistance if you wouldn't mind splitting a deal with me 50/50. I have numerous carriers to quote for personal and commercial lines. Message me for details, thanks and all the best.

Back