New producer

Btw, just to add this: my daughter is taking her life insurance exam soon too. She'll be 20 in two months. My best advice for her will be to learn how to ask questions and know where to help the client lead them. Questions aren't just for finding out what they think and know. Questions are about getting the client to verbalize to you and themselves what's important to them.

Questions are the key to being perceived as someone worth listening to and heeding their recommendations.

You can learn questions from Van Mueller (as previously posted). There are lots of books on the subject. There's also my friends at Insurance Pro Shop as well.

Very curious . How does a 65-70 yr old man run 40-50 appts a week and write 1000 policy’s a yr in 6-7 months with mass mutual ? Proofs in the pudding but that seems very suspicious . He obviously has full time appt setter ? Where’s he getting leads for 40-50 appts a week?

Very curious . How does a 65-70 yr old man run 40-50 appts a week and write 1000 policy’s a yr in 6-7 months with mass mutual ? Proofs in the pudding but that seems very suspicious . He obviously has full time appt setter ? Where’s he getting leads for 40-50 appts a week?

lol - no leads. Referrals and personal prospecting. Over 30 years at MDRT Top of the Table.

However, he doesn't do the majority of his production with MassMutual. He writes for over 50 different companies.

lol - no leads. Referrals and personal prospecting. Over 30 years at MDRT Top of the Table.

However, he doesn't do the majority of his production with MassMutual. He writes for over 50 different companies.

Like I said I’m not doubting his #’s . I am doubting wether he’s personally running and writing all these appts . He said he does all kitchen table . It’s logistically and physically impossible for any human let alone a 70 yr old to write 1000 policys in 7 months .That’s 150 a month or 35 apps a week .

I am doubting wether he’s personally running and writing all these appts . He said he does all kitchen table . It’s logistically and physically impossible for any human let alone a 70 yr old to write 1000 policys in 7 months .That’s 150 a month or 35 apps a week .

He has two assistants at his office in Wisconsin. He primarily drops off his apps with them. Yes, he does a lot "kitchen table" as well as via Zoom. His appointments are usually 15-30 minutes. He earns a lot of referrals. Plus a lot of repeat business.

You can learn a lot from what he does just on his website and his monthly newsletter.
www.VanMueller.com

I did an open panel with Van, Jim Ruta (his business coach), and Tom Love back in June, 2021. Check out the questions asked and you can judge the answers for yourself.

fetchimage

Back